Thursday, January 10, 2013

Weekend Fun Run!!!

"My doctor told me that jogging could add years to my life... I think he was right. I feel ten years older already."
--Milton Berle 

HAHAHA!  Isn't that the truth....especially when you are starting all over or just beginning!!!!  But never fear, you are just week 1 in training and by week 4, you will start feeling younger!!!


Most excellent job tonight at the track ladies!!! We got all of our 300s and 200s in and a little jogging at the end!  We may not have racked up a lot of mileage tonight but you gained more strength and are learning to get more comfortable with every step.  (Tonight's Running Total was just shy of 2.5miles/TOTAL mileage with walking included was 3.25miles)

This weekend's workout:
Beginner's Option
---warmup for 5-8mins of walking/easy jogging/stretching
---set out to try to run 8-10mins without stopping
---walk for 3-4minutes
---set out to try to run 4mins without stopping
---walk for 2-3minutes
---finish with a SLOW 2minute jog
---walk and stretch for at 8-10minutes

Challenge Option (only if you can run 10mins without stopping at ease)
---warmup for 5-8mins of walking/easy jogging/stretching
---Run as long as you can without stopping
---Finish up with 4minutes of walking and 4minutes of stretching

***Please text me and let me know how and what you did!!! Let's celebrate it!!! :-). Any mileage is good mileage. 


I will be running Friday mid morning.....feel free to text me and join me:-).
  
 

 
 

No comments: