Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Rain is coming! Rain is coming!

If you're anything like me, you may not like to run in rain, snow, or even wind! LOL!  I know, kind of tricky to get runs in when those are obstacles....and we live in TEXAS!!! HAHA!

So what are you're other options if rain comes before you get a chance to run?  Well, if you are like Becky McDonald or Wendy Enloe (which means you have done your weekend homework and yesterday's training).....then reward yourself with a day or two of REST.  Your muscles will thank you! And you will have antsy legs and won't be able to wait to run again come Thursday for our GROUP TRAINING.

If you haven't been able to do the homework or training, then here are other options for you if the rain becomes an obstacle......
1) Try to get somekind of run workout in BEFORE THE RAIN!! Anything will do!!!! Just do it!!
2) Try to get at least one of the blog workouts in on a treadmill.   BUT WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A TREADMILL?
3) Check out the GET FIT CALENDAR page on this blog and try to do at least one workout before Thursday.  Some of my favorites from Get Fit are Funky Fit, Spin, and the newest RIPPED Class.  You can't go wrong with any class you choose! They are great!

INVITE FRIENDS!!!  It's never to late to start training.....so please feel free to ask friends to join us.  We have 10 rooms in Oklahoma City booked and the more friends, the better our party will be!!!! 

***And one side note, please let me know how your training is going.  I can plan our trainings better when I can see who is doing what.  Comment on the blog, text me, call me, email me.....whatever works best.
I remember this quote from being on a sign during my first half marathon!


No comments: