Thursday, August 1, 2013

I (We) are Back!!!

I have been missing in action as far as the blogging is concerned.  But I am back! And I am back with some exciting and nervous news!

I have spent much of July doing alot of ministry work..... Two Children's Camps and a whole lot of planning.  Needless to say, I love my job and love the rewards of it, but July is always a very tiring month for me.  But VACATION is NEAR!!! 

So, let me fill you in on the news.  I was at my last camp when Todd texted me and said he needed to talk to me.  We have had alot of things going on recently so I had no idea what this was going to be about.  ???  I found 20mins to have some quiet time talking to him via the phone.  Long story short, Todd has finally had the lightbulb go off for him about his health and weight.  And this conversation was all on his TERMS---not mine.

I'll try to be brief but the lightbulb went off for him when he started making vacation plans.  And alot of the things we all wanted to do (kids included), Todd wanted to do, but can't do due to weight or not being healthy enough.  Several other things had happened about this same time (like a comment from a kid, seeing a picture, and going to the doctor). 

I have been praying for years that this would happen for him.  I have been able to encourage and support him in the past, but to be honest, I felt like a nag and ended up making up my mind that I couldn't do it for him----just like no one could do it for me, either.  Now he is ready.

His plan is kind of drastic though.....but I think is going to work because it is TODD's plan.  I am totally on board too.

We start vacation this weekend.  We have changed our original plans from going to Grand Canyon/California to going to Destin....and for TWO WEEKS!! Makes me happy, happy, happy! 

While away on our trip, we will start eating clean.  No fast foods anymore and lots of seafood and trying new recipes out.  We will eliminate our white foods.  And Todd will slowly start moving more.  Exercise will consist of MOVING---swimming, go play racquetball (this is his favorite), walking on the beach (I will run), etc.  He isn't ready for alot of exercise, as he needs to lose about 20lbs first.  But this is doable, because after our two week vacation, Todd is taking another two weeks off to set our house and family up for success.

YAP---Todd is taking a full month off work to tackle this head on.  I will be his biggest cheerleader and supporter....and gonna try hard to have the kids join in too!  It won't be easy! It will be HARD!  It will be like a detox for him!  But he can do it! 

When we get home, we will clean out the kitchen of all the BAD foods and we will reorganize the cabinets.  We are committing to learning together how to cook clean recipes and how to pre-plan meals and snacks for a real work week.  And he will continue to swim, walk, and do weights here two or three times a day. 

I am excited about this change.  This change will benefit him, me, and my kids!!!  It's been long overdo....and the time is now!!!  Pray for us.  I will be updating my blog on his progress and how I am learning to deal with this change. 

No comments: