Saturday, August 17, 2013

Last Day and Rainy Day

I was hoping to have just a little break in the rain today for a nice picture of the kids on the beach and for one more run along the beach.  But it has been raining for over 24hrs straight.  :-(  But at least we have had several good beach days early on!!! No complaining what so ever from me here! It's been a blast!

We have spent the last two days sleeping in, taking good naps, watching rented movies, going to the movies, and doing some much needed school cloth shopping.

Rainy weather=pulling out sleeper sofas and watching old movies!!!

I didn't get to do my paddle boarding, as I missed the good wave days.  So I am determined to do that back when I get home at Lake Texoma.  BUMMER

Things I learned here on vacation:
1)  Our kids still like us and like hanging out with us.  They preferred hanging out with us than not....and to tell you the truth, Todd and I didn't have much alone time! HA! :-)
2) ADDISON:  She has an addiction to her phone but it's hard to know when to say when these days to the phone, as nowadays the phone is almost a lifeline for any teenage girl.  ** I don't like this one bit.  The girl loves fashion and enjoys going to shops to try to make her own outfits.  And she does great with it too:-).  I wish I had more money to let her explore this more.  She also has a great talent for doing hair.  She often is fixing my hair and doing cute things....which is what led all of us getting blue and purple hair this vacation. **We missed the opportunity to take pics of this and only Addie's lasted.  She has also become very independent.  She likes going for walks on the beach alone, but we only let her go with her brother alone. 
3) ZANDER: He is growing up and changing so quickly.  This kid never cares if he has brushed teeth or matching clothes....but suddenly this trip he was wanting to go shopping---- FOR IN STYLE and MATCHING CLOTHES.  He wants to suddenly look and smell good (watch out ladies).  He is just like Todd, too.  I have found little to do list and schedules he has made for himself.  And he is an organizer.  He has cleaned his room and made his bed everyday while here.  And he preplans everyday by laying out his clothes and stuff before hand.  And he is super funny!!! Just like his daddy!
4) GABE: He is not a bashful one and he has super manners....not sure where he gets that cos the rest of us are horrible models of this.  HA!  He enjoys tasty and good for him foods and will try anything.  He is a bit more adventurous than my other two.  He doesn't mind a little challenge but it also has to be somewhat safe.  For example: swimming out too deep in ocean water is a NO SIR for him....but ziplining is a BIG YES for him.  He enjoys meeting new people and new people enjoy him, too.  He seems to make friends with just about anyone he comes in contact with!
5) My husband.....so proud of his hard work and his determination to get fit.  It's alot of fun for me to have him on board with me on this passion of mine!!! And I must say he is a fabulous father.  The kids LOVE hanging out with him!  I find that Addie records alot of his funny stuff and post or send to her friends--which I think is sweet and very special (and funny).  Zander and Todd have a very special connection.  They are so much alike that it is easy for them to spend time together cos they have so much in common. 
6) Myself---I have found that eating cleaner makes me less tired.  I know this but its easy to forget when you get out of the practice of it.  I have also have a renewed love for running.  Not that I had lost it, but I think the Texas summer heat can just make one tired of it.  I am ready to get home and concentrate on spending as much time as possible with my family and I really want to do away with toxic relationships in my life.  I am excited about the new healthy lifestyle Todd and I plan to continue at home!  The next two weeks should be interesting when we clean out pantries and frigs!!! YIKES!

Well, I am about out of time here at the bookstore!!! Kids are antsy and ready to head to another place on this rainy afternoon.  I will be posting before pictures come Monday of our pantries...and Tuesday of the after pictures!! Should get pretty crazy up in here!!!
Bookstore Nerds! LOL





No comments: