Friday, August 16, 2013

Vacation is Winding Down...

Vacation is winding down quickly.  I am sad about it but am looking forward to taking some of the “renewed” spirit back home with us. 

I have been surprised by the fact that our kids are still getting along and not complaining about being bored or asking about getting home.  I had completely expected that....and it may still happen, but so far they have thoroughly enjoyed this vacation too.

So a quick update.  I am down right at 5lbs (I was down 6lbs yesterday and then back to 5lbs today).  I think once I get home and start eating more clean rather than calorie count, I will notice a bigger jump on my numbers.  Todd is down exactly 15lbs.  He lost 13lbs quickly but we have had a few cheats which have slowed him a bit.  But I am noticing he is able to walk faster now and talk without breathing hard.  He is definetely more active than before, but I am a bit shocked at how much he couldn’t do to start with.  He is doing great and I think once he ups his cardio output more, the scale will show more success more quickly. 

Vacation Update:
Tuesday we had planned a full day outing on a pontoon boat, but we only managed a half day because some storms came in.  We still had a great time tubing and seeing dolphins.  We came home for rest and showers and later met back up with the Townsends to browse the Harbordock Boardwalk.  It was very nice evening with live bands and we also went to a 7D movie that was crazy fun!!! :-).  We finished our evening at the Townsend’s condo.  The kids crab hunted most of the night while we sat and watched from a beautiful balcony that overlooked the ocean!!!
Us and the Townsends about to watch 7D movie!  LOTS of LAUGHS!!!

Wednesday got up and went down to the beach and to our surprise, it was a very nice beach day.  We had planned just a couple of hours of beachtime, but ended up being down there from 10am-2:30pm.  That afternoon Addie, Zander and Todd went to a scary movie while Gabe and I went to a bookstore.  He read books while I got a couple of hours worth of work done.  And to finish off the night, Todd and I went to watch a later movie. 
My guys at the beach!!! Great beach morning!!!

This morning I have started my day off with another beautiful morning run and walk.  Todd and I even got stuck in a quick downpour---which was kind of fun! We plan to meet with the Townsends this afternoon to hangout on their beach and then maybe go get a burger (one bun) tonight down near the Harbor Docks.  Tonight the poker run begins and their is apparently a cool boat parade to see:-).
My beach views on three different occasions during my morning run.




Diet and Exercise Update:
Tuesday-
1) 5.5miles with Todd--Ran half mile ahead of him and then back to him, then walked a few minutes with him and did this over and over again (3.8miles of running).
100 Push Ups
Sit in Squat for 4mins on the wall

Wednesday
Lots of swimming---counted it as 350calories (but probably more)
Short run after dinner at dark---3miles

Thursday
Ran 5miles
Met Todd at end of run and walked 2miles with him
60 pushup
100 KB crossovers
50 push press

No comments: