Friday, August 23, 2013

Encouraged Even When Scale is Failing Me

I am about to burn my scale!  Todd isn't getting much movement on it and I am actually up again.  What the heck gives??  But I am not gonna let it bring me down---YET!!!

I can see in both of us that we "look" different.  Not sure if it's in our heads or if it's for real, but I am going with it's for real! HA! I can see that Todd is losing weight in his chest area (less man boobs) and stomach seems to be not swollen.  He is also walking at a much faster pace and able to carry a conversation on at the same time.  And, he is sleeping better cos I am not hearing him snore like before:-).  I am super proud of him!!!

For myself, I feel like I have less back fat (can usually tell this from the sports bras) and less tummy.  However, I think my legs, butt, and arms are growing.  Yap, you heard me!! I think my butt is getting bigger.  It's getting perky! This baby got BACK!!! LOL! And my underwear fits me differently.  Not sure I like this change, but Todd does! HA!!! :-).

I think I am seeing a pattern here though when it comes to numbers on the scale.  If I crossfit much, I seem to weigh more afterwards...which makes me wonder if it's my sore muscles weighing more?  And on the days I run more than 5miles, I tend to weigh less.....probably dehydration?  But regardless, I feel great! I can tell I am performing better than I was before.  I am getting stronger.  I am in a smaller size again (bought 8's the other day in shorts and medium tops).  Things that weren't fitting me, are fitting me with ease now.  So surely, the scale will reward me later! 

I have also made a decision about what to do in the fall now that Gunter CrossFit will no longer meet:-(.  I have decided to attend CrossFit three days a week in Sherman (MWF) and will run on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the weekends.  I also hope to add a class or two from Get Fit Gunter when I can.

Now off to face the temptations of food and drinks of a weekend!!! **WE CAN DO THIS**



No comments: