Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School Blues


Addie 8th/Zander 6th/Gabe 4th


What is happening?  Why am I sad to see my kids leave this morning?  Why aren't they all that excited about new clothes, new teachers, and seeing their friends?  Is it because they are getting older now? Or is it me being sad that they are growing up?  Or is it that we are sad about losing the FREEDOM that summer brings? Or is it that the school system is exhausting us?  I DON'T KNOW!!! But I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
Addie's expression about school this morn:-).

I think it might be a combination of all those things??? And not to mention, when my kids are home with us, we all get along better. We all have less stress (no homework, no early mornings and no late nights, more family time, etc).  We have no outside influences to deal with or confuse us.  We just have each other and it's GOOD that way!  Our family functions and gets along so much better without school!  Even the kids enjoy us....probably because mom and dad aren't stressing either!

I really wanted to tell them to stay home this morning!!! Maybe we can pack up and move somewhere for 9months and homeschool? LOL!!! 

So yes, this momma is a sad momma this morning.....and I believe her kids would agree that were a bit sad to be leaving us too!!!

But God has a plan for them...and they are to go be a part of this plan!!! Therefor, I had to do what's right and send them to school:-(  

No comments: