Thursday, August 8, 2013

Hotel Hopping

Because we decided on this Destin vacation last minute, we had to be a bit flexible on our hotel/house rental accommodations.  Our Destin trips in the past we have been able to call and reserve a beach house with no problem.  This trip is a bit different.  We can't get into our beach house until Saturday so we spent three days in a hotel suite and tonight we are at BeachSide Inn...which is very nice.  The atmosphere here is very inviting.....there is a man playing a guitar at the little coffee shop here that is actually indoor/outdoor and the pool area is very nice and multi-layered.  Right now, it is storming so I have the hubby curled up by me snoring while the kids are watching Shark Week!
The boys swimming at BeachSide Inn
This morning we got up before sun-up to head to the beach.  It was very nice to have the beach to ourselves!  Seeing the sun come up with the family was super nice.  We were at the beach from 6:30am-10am.  PERFECT!!!  
OLD PIER (aka our beach spot) at sunrise

Todd and Gabe enjoying the ocean--LOVE THIS!


Todd and I are doing well with our new way of eating! The only struggle we are having right now is not getting enough veggie intake in.  I know we need to be eating around 5-8servings of veggies a day but we are lucky if we get even 3 in.  But our calorie count is staying under our daily allowances and we have said no to most of the white, sugary, carbed loaded foods (except for fruit).

I am running everyday---even if it's not alot.  We are both swimming every day.  And the boys and I are trying to out plank our previous records on a daily basis.  Right now, I am planking at 1:32.....and Gabe is a planking monster, with a record of 2:15.  Oh, and I did some crossfit/kettlebell exercises last night: 10 KB swings, 10 strict presses, 10 squats, and 10 KB high pulls---x6. Todd gave this a try too---but did it 3 rounds!

All is well here at Destin......
My family- Destin 2013



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear the word 'vacation,' I could only think fun family bonding time. But in your case, it's not only for fun, but health as well. It's nice to do it along with your children. I'm sure you inspired all of them to do the same. I believe it's a good thing that you didn't get in to the beach house immediately because if you did, you wouldn't have those nice 3-day stay in the hotel you stayed in. John Park @
ParkSideVictoria.com