Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Momma's Fried Brain.....already

Only three days in with the BACK TO SCHOOL schedule and already I am having "issues". HA!  I'd like to call it the Momma's Fried Brain.

My brain actually started frying on day 2 when the alarm for 6am went off.....and I was TIRED!!!! Funny thing is, I have actually been waking at 6:22 most mornings for workouts, so WHY is just 22 minutes earlier that much harder?  I think it's mental!!

But it doesn't stop there!!!  O no, not even close! 

Todd and I had a racquetball date at 10am in McKinney (He LOVES racquetball and is quiet good at it).  I had promised him I would go and give it a try.  But I needed to get a CrossFit makeup class in.  My plan was to wake up early, take Addie to volleyball at 6:30am and go straight to Sherman to workout at the 7am class.  I get all the way there and realized I have looked at the schedule wrong and have actually come to a non-existing class:-(.  There is a class a 5am, 6am, 8am, and 9am.....but NOT 7am.  I couldn't stay and wait for the 8am because I knew I wouldn't make my racquetball date.  So I decided I wouldn't waste my time and would still get a workout in.  I headed over to the local park (FAIRVIEW PARK) and ran the trails there. 
I might have missed my CrossFit class, but this run couldn't have been better!!!


It was BEAUTIFUL and FUN!!! Lots of people of every age and size and even some with their pets were out walking and jogging these trails.  It was very refreshing and I am actually glad I decided to go run instead.  I ended up running two loops for 4 total miles:-).

The rest of the day consisted of me TRYING to play racquetball.  Let's just say I could not give Todd a good workout cos I am HORRIBLE.  I mean horrible!  :-(  ***Sorry Todd!  But we did have success with our first ever Costco shopping trip!! BTW, Costco has GREAT organic meat and produce sections!!! LOVED IT!!!  I highly recommend that place!!! 

All in all, we are having a great first week back at school despite my Momma Fried Brain.  And even better news, Todd is down 17lbs and I am down 7lbs.  We have been clean eating for 28 straight days!!! :-).

You can check out his blog for his progress at..... http://toddschange.blogspot.com/


No comments: