Friday, August 16, 2013

He is Frustrated

This morning I set my alarm for my 6am run but it was thundering.  I checked the radar and storms were all around, so I went right back to sleep, which I needed the extra rest!  When I woke up a couple of hours later, I found Todd in the living room with THAT LOOK on his face.  He immediately looked and me and said, "I am not very happy right now!".  I was kind of taken back at first, cos I immediately thought something major was wrong: money, house, parents, etc....
But he then followed up with that he was 4lbs UP!

This didn't surprise me at all.  I actually saw it coming, but this is his journey, not mine.  I have been there and done that-----MANY TIMES.  I have seen him "cheat" more.  In his mind, eating less and doing "some" movement should be a reward on the scale.  What he doesn't understand is that eating less than what we WAS and moving more than he WAS is still not enough in the long run.

To be successful you must........
1) Drink your water----all of it on a daily basis.
2) You must move more....but more should start being more on a weekly basis. If walking 1mile is easy now, up it to two miles.  When two miles is easy up it to three miles OR alternate running/walking until you can run a full mile or two.  **He hasn't made this adjustment yet.  He is walking the same as he did before but he is walking it better cos walking 2-3miles isn't hard anymore for him.  It's time to up his cardio.  And he hasn't been doing ALL the crossfit home workouts I am leaving out for him.
3) You must have portion control.  Todd is eating way better foods for him than before.  But this past week he has been eating bigger portions of the healthier foods....which will leave him no room for any "extra calories".  Meaning he can't eat larger portions of good/healthy foods early in the day and then eat a small portions of bad food in the evening. And right now,  he isn't in shape enough to burn off the "extra" calories of that kind of day!  What he is doing this week isn't bad...it's just not balanced out.
4) You must eliminate or restrict yourself from high sodium or starchy foods.  Especially after lunch time---as your body simply can't burn it all off in sleep mode. IF your gonna eat any starches...do them early in the day so your body can work it off.  And only eat starchy stuff seldomly.
5) Don't waste calories on wine or beer.  It isn't worth it at this stage of weight lose.  It simply slows your metabolism and adds water weight---especially if you haven't been eating clean or drinking your water correctly.

Todd is doing GREAT!  He is learning a great lesson right now!   Just because he ate HALF a burger rather than a full and walked 2miles rather not doing any walking....isn't going to make him fit.  If that were the case, we would all be fit!!! ME INCLUDED!

I have no doubt he is gonna have those 4lbs down in just a couple of days.  He is the type of person that once he puts his mind to it....he will do it.  I see that finally happening about his health! I just need to learn to help him better.

Now for me---I could tell when I tried to explain this to him, he was a frustrated and short with me.  He didn't want to hear what I had to say, even though I know he knew he needed to hear what I had to say.  He is mad right now! He doesn't like the "system" of how this works and to be honest, I think he thinks its unfair! TRUST ME----I UNDERSTAND THAT! I am that girl that workouts like a crazy person, eats great every weekDAY just to cheat on the weekends......which means I have a terrible cycle of just maintaining my weight.  I will lose 3lbs every week, just to gain it back over the weekend.  THAT ISN'T FAIR!  I am putting in way more work than most others---but cheating more often than many others.  It's the cold hard facts....cheats won't get us anywhere!
Map My Run App/Me running/Todd and I stuck in the rain under pavillion



WORKOUTS for TODAY:
Ran 4miles and walked 1 mile with Todd (total of 5miles)
CrossFit Today: 10 dips, 20 KB sit ups, 30 KB Squats, 10 HSPUs -----x5
PLANKING for 2 minutes holds  (two weeks ago I could barely get over a minute)

No comments: