Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Settling in on Vacation

My family and I left immediately after church on Sunday morning to head to Florida for a our two week vacation!  This is the first time we have taken a FAMILY TWO WEEK VACATION!  :-).  We have done Destin several times but never for more than 5-7days! So we are super excited!!

Because of our last minute planning (cos we originally planned to go to California for vacation) we didn't get our "usual" beach house for the entire two weeks.  We are actually bouncing around three times before getting our "usual" beach house.  We will be in a beach hotel suite for 3 days, then a hotel one evening and then to our house! :-).

Our first day of travel went well.  I ran before church and Todd and I made a shakeology breakfast.  For lunch I had a one bun guacamole burger from Braums and for dinner I had a turkey breast Subway sandwich with the bread cut out.   We stopped at Baton Rouge the first night and then toured LSU campus the following morning.
LSU Campus Tour and meeting The Tiger

The next day of travel was much shorter and more scenic.....but I am learning that I have a bad habit of eating/snacking when I am bored.  I really wanted to stop and get some candy or some corn nuts to eat while we were driving, even though I was not hungry at all!  This is just a bad habit I have:-(.  Beef Jerky was our only snack while on the road and we limited it!  Being on the road can be a challenge when trying to clean up your eating habits, but I think we did fairly well.  I had a breakfast burrito (egg and sausage and tore alot of tortilla off) and a fruit cup.  For lunch I had 4 chicken nuggets and a small cup of chili from Wendy's.  For dinner, I had deli fried chicken (tried to eat around the "fried part"),  crab dip with 8 crackers and some grapes. ** I need to eat more veggies but so hard to do on the road!!!

We did some swimming and walking along the beach at sundown once we arrived at Destin:-)
Evening walk along the beach

This morning I got up early---yes, early ON VACATION, to get a nice run on the boardwalk---6miles!  It was AWESOME....and humid.  I will be doing this alot this week!!!!  Todd got up and got a morning walk in, too!  He is off to a great start!  Eating well, moving alot and so far in a good mood!!!
Six Mile Run along Destin Boardwalk

We spent much of our day on the beach....despite the baby jelly fish that were stinging us!  HA!  Lots of swimming, playing, resting, and family time on the beach!!!
My three kids!!!  Addie, Zander and Gabe!!! LOVE THEM~~~


Food for today:
Bfast was scramble eggs and sausage and half of a banana
Lunch on the beach was protein-gluten free-bar, a small apple, and a half of a PBJ sandwich
Snack was cajun mixed nuts (less than a cup)
Drinking tons of water and green tea
About to drink a VEGGIE NAKED DRINK

Exercise for today:
Ran 6miles, 100 pushups, and lots of swimming

I LOVE VACATION SO FAR!!!! *** Now off for a quick nap:-).

No comments: