Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Had a Bad Day

Since I have been home from vacation, I have not had one night of good sleep....and I can tell that it is affecting me:-(.

The first night home---the fire alarm thingy started beeping in the middle of the night because it was out of battery.  The second night I kept waking up for some strange reason.  And last night I couldn't fall asleep even though I was sooo tired.  And not to mention, I am so incredibly sore after being back at crossfit.  OUCH!!! It hurts to sleep! HAHA!

Anyhow,  I managed to get up for my 6:45am crossfit class here in Gunter (when I really just wanted to sleep longer).  The WOD looked fun to me: 20 pushups, 20 KB step ups, 30 squat cleans, 30 front squats, 40 lunges, 40 double unders, and run a 800m.

Good news: All my pushups on vacation paid off cos doing 20 were fairly easy.  I flew through those 20!! However, the trouble came on the squat cleans.  I bet I did over 100 squat cleans...but my coach kept correcting me.  I have no problem being corrected, but for the life of me, I felt like I was doing it right??  I am somewhat of a prefectionast, so I was determined to get it right before moving on.  But I was getting so frustrated cos I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong.  Every thing the coach told me to correct, I felt like I corrected it.  But, apparently I still wasn't doing it right.  SOOO FRUSTRATING!  And I know I am also tired and sore so that added to my crankiness (insert my whiny voice with this please).

It was one of those days that I felt like I was really doing good---but just wasn't!  And I kind of felt out of place (not at home) today.

I stayed after crossfit to run off my frustration.  Came home and could tell Todd was a little moody too.  He hasn't had a real meal in a couple of days due to a two day cleanse.  So that didn't help this situation.

Todd and I went to swim a few laps at a friend's pool. And then came home to make fish tacos---YUM!  I ate one but could have eaten 5!

Then I opened my email to find out that CrossFit has decided not me meet in Gunter anymore!  This just sucks stinks!!!  I am so sad!!! I have the option to go to Sherman---but just hate driving there more than I really need to.  CrossFit alone is costly enough---adding in more trips to Sherman will only add up:-(.  So I now have some decisions to make about what I will do for the fall.  BUMMER!!

Now, on onto the good day Todd and I had yesterday! We gutted out kitchen cabinets and pantry for over 4+hours yesterday!  We are rid of all the JUNK food and much of processed foods.  Our counters are now full of kitchen aids that will help us continue a healthy diet: Juicers, crockpot, food processor, vacuumed sealer, etc....  This was one tough task and we still have a just a few more things to do to make the kitchen 100%.

And I am currently down 6lbs total:-). Todd is down 15lbs.
Just in the first hour our clean-out! WHEW!!

No comments: