Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Twenty Miler ACCOMPLISHED!

Saturday morning, I set my alarm (yes, that's a shocker for a sleep in day) to set out for a 4 HOUR RUN!!!  I had planned out a 10 mile route that I would run TWICE with a bathroom break at my house half way through.

Saturday morning came, I check the weather and guess what??? NO RAIN, PLENTY OF SUNSHINE, but WINDY!! LOTS AND LOTS OF WIND!!!!  The picture below will show yall the wind....and yes, my hair was pulled back in a PONYTAIL and A HEADBAND....but WOW, I still look wind blown! HA!

Windy!!!!! CRAZY HAIR!!!! :-).
The first two miles were terrible.  My calves were super tight.  I should have stretched before taking off and I was already dreading the next 18miles! HA!

I did a great job though setting out my GU and water stops, placing them about every 3-4miles. The last time I tried the GU chompers, I got a bit dizzy feeling and was up all night due the caffeine (I ran in the evening last time---caffeine and me in the evening is no bueno).  But this time, I only chewed HALF of a GU each 3miles and that seemed to help me ALOT! 
Mile 1 at Kerfoot/Pike (Stretching) and a GU stop!! Gosh I have a big mouth!!!


Miles 3-14 were good.  I felt strong despite the wind.  But I was getting a bit bored with the same scenery.  I had opted not to run back home half way through.  One-I didn't need to potty.  Two-the last 3 miles of my ten mile route was running directly into the wind.  I decided to change my route and zig zag a little more to break up my running directly in the wind. 

It was SOOO DANG WINDY!!! Even running parallel to the wind was a challenge!  I looked like a drunk runner, I am sure! :-). Bahaha!

I did need to potty about half way through my run.  I even thought about using a port-a-potty that was on Pike Rd where someone was building, but was afraid it might be illegal??  Luckily for me, Shelley Baird had text me regarding a GBF preschool matter.  When she did, I realized I was less than a half mile from her house.  And therefore, I asked her if I could sneak in for a potty break! She was sweet enough to let me in on a quiet Saturday morning!  THANKS SHELLEY!!!

After mile 15, much of my run was a blur.  I was just ready to be out of the wind and I was getting sick of seeing the same roads over and over.  I was losing my "focus".  I wasn't really hurting.  I think I was tired, but may have just been bored.  I do know I was starting to get very hungry.  I was so hungry, that I started thinking about a big juicy hamburger (like EXXON's BURGER)....greasy and all! HAHA! **I don't eat burgers anymore.  But after seeing I was burning 2500calories, my focus became the burger!  HA!  And my sweet hubby had a burger waiting on me when I got home!

PICTURES ARE: TopLeft-Water and GU station under a stop sign/ TopRight-Where is my pony ride??/Bottom Left: Shelley Bairds house, aka my potty stop/ Bottom Right; My AFTER pic with crazy hair!
 
I should have taken a picture of the burger, but it was gone in 3bites.  I am not even joking!!! 

So how did I feel after my run?  Well, right after I stopped running, my legs felt tingly and wobbly.  But that was about it.  My hips were a little sore that night when I went to bed. But I am super surprised that I am not sore, tight, or exhausted.  I was even planning on skipping crossfit Monday to give myself two recoop days from the run, but decided to go anyhow.  I felt great at crossfit too:-). 

But the only thing I noticed after running 20miles was I was soo hungry Saturday.  At first I thought to myself....don't waste all that work on eating.  But I also knew that if I didn't REFUEL myself, I would be hungry all week and would fail on my healthy eating for the week.  So I listened to my body and ate when I felt hungry.  But I didn't eat healthy cos of my lack of planning food for baseball that afternoon/evening.  So this is what I ate that day...... DON'T FROWN ON ME! I can't believe it myself.
PreRun-Half PBJ and Naked Fruit/Veggie Drink
After Run---Hamburger for lunch and a clementine
3pm-Hotdog and small bag of cheetos
Dinner- chik-fil-a strips and a fruit cup and a mini ice cream cup
And before bed, I vowed to not eat ice cream ever again.  (If you know what I mean??)

Not sure those food choices were wise or not (ice cream was NOT), but I have been able to get back on track the following day with my strict eating!  :-).  I am another 1.5lbs down as of right now!

The only thing I am concerned with is my foot.....as I wore some of my favorite flipflops this weekend that seriously made my feet hurt.  I spent most of my Monday icing it and taking two epsom salt bathes.  Today, I am feeling much better and hope that was a quick lesson learned!  Ain't nobody got time for flipflop foot injuries!! :-(
Yes, I ice my foot with a bag of frozen peas:-(

My next long run is the 26.2 miles on April 28th!!! O MY GOODNESS!!!!

Stay tuned....




No comments: