Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Race to Remember

WE DID IT!!!  (Glory to God!!!)

OKCity GetFit Marathon Team
Back in November or December of last year, Morgan asked me if I would be interested in helping out with training a running group.  I gladly said yes, not knowing what to expect.

I have been an athlete as long as I can remember.  I have coached many teams throughout my adult years.  And I have trained myself for several different races. But, I had no idea what to expect with leading a running group.   This experience was much bigger and better than I ever imagined it would be.  In my 37years, this weekend was probably my most proudest athletic achievement.  And it wasn't just because I finished my first full marathon....but more because I felt like I had a TEAM that did it with me. 

Growing up I recall playing basketball, running track, and cheering. These were my fondest memories.  Thinking back on those days I remember lots of training/practicing together, as well as, all the competing together.  But, what made it so "memorable" was the laughing together, the crying together, the pushing and challenging one another, the encouraging of one another, and the praying together. 

Our running group did the same thing this past weekend and in the past four months. 
WE TRAINED.
WE PUSHED EACH OTHER.
WE ENCOURAGED.
WE LAUGHED.
WE PRAYED.
WE RAN.
WE WERE A TEAM!!!!!

This was indeed a Race to Remember! 
Love this group of women!


***This week I will be posting A LOT more pics and a few more blogs on our weekend together!! STAY TUNED!!

No comments: