Sunday, April 14, 2013

This is a Mental Test, Right?

Golly Ladies!  I have had a really, really bad week.  Well, not just me, my family has.  Weeks like this I need and want to run more because it helps me clear my head and helps me focus on God rather than myself.  But unfortunately, I have not been able to run on this injured/sore foot at will.  And it is killing me mentally!!!

Most of yall know that I somehow injured my foot or have had the onset of plantar fasciitis come on last weekend.  It happened a full day after I ran my 20miler.  I am thinking I did not stretch enough after that LONG run and then wore old blingy flip-flops for the next two days....which made for a bad combination and lead me to where I am now.  The good news is, it doesn't hurt ALL THE TIME.  I think it is just gets aggravated after some foot striking exercises.  Therefore, I am laying off running and any CrossFit running/jumping exercises.  I am gonna try to bike more this week to allow my foot a full recovery.  I am READY for this 26.2mile race.  I really don't want this to play a factor in my marathon.  So I am convincing myself this is part of the training!!!  That this is part of my "mental test".   RIGHT???
Alternative to running---hotel cycling! :-)


I do know, I don't want to injure myself where I am unable to workout at all though, because after this week, I am realizing how much I need running (working out) to mentally and spiritually keep me in check.

So very briefly I will tell yall just a FEW things about my week.  And I will keep it BRIEF!
1) The foot thing is really messing with my mind.  I can't tell you how ready I am for this race.  So this bump in the road, just two weeks prior to race day, has gotten me a little concerned.  But I HAVE FAITH!!!
2) My youngest son, Gabe, has dyslexia, but this week he had an incident that concerned us at school.  Now we will be getting some additional testing to hopefully rule out what doctors said could be "absent seizures".  ***Don't be too alarmed with this, as I am learning is pretty common among kids and is easily treated.  If it is not this, it could be part of his learning disability.
3) My daughter tried out for Jr High Cheer and didn't make it this year.  I could care less about her making the squad but it was terribly painful to see how hurt she was that she was cut!  No mom is ever prepared for that! It's been a learning opportunity for the both of us. And I am still trying to coach her through this.  (sigh)
4) This weekend was bit awkward for me.  I can't really pinpoint it, but I felt very out of place this weekend among my peers.  I am certain that alot of this falls back on myself, as I am sure by the weekend, I was just feeling sorry for myself.  I am sure all I really needed was some good mileage in.  Mileage always takes away my warp thoughts. HA!

And as I tell yall about some of this, I know it really wasn't THAT BAD.  It's all just "life".   In the scheme of things.....these things that have happened this past week will pass and be forgotten soon!  I am a blessed mom and wife with a wonderful family.  I live in a great small town that I call home.  I have a nice little house that is filled with more than enough of anything (love, laughter, food, clothes, etc...).  I can't even count all my blessing cos I am so blessed.

I am in a much better place today....after driving home late last night from Oklahoma baseball tournament (I had to get home for church this morning). I think God met Addie and I in the car late last night.   That drive home did us both more good than anything.....as we put on Pandora Praise and Worship Music and sang as loud as we possibly could all the way home. 

This is gonna be a better week:-). I am convinced--- this is a part of the trainingAnd have the faith!!



Tapering workouts will be posted soon....



No comments: