Monday, April 22, 2013

Race Week!!! Race Week!!! Race Week!!!

I am sooo flip'n excited!!!  It is almost time to run our race!!!!  This week's agenda seems silly to post....cos it is such an easy week.  HA!  But it is soo very important that you follow this agenda to keep your legs fresh and prevent injury.  And trust me, you will want to run and workout more than I am posting, but this once, I am asking you to NOT DO IT!  And yes, that goes for me too:-).


RACE WEEK AGENDA:
10K/12K-
Easy 2miles and/or cross train
Easy 3miles with lots of stopping and stretching (this should not be done any later than Wednesday)
Easy 2miles
**Take several short walks this week too....and get inside your head to start to start mentally preparing for your race

Half Marathoner-
Easy 3miles and/or cross train
Easy 4miles with several walking and stretching breaks (like around every half mile)--**this needs to be done no later than Wednesday
Easy 2miles
**Take several short walks this week too....and get inside your head to start to start mentally preparing for your race 

Several things to do this week......(I have links posted on the underline words)
1) Go to the Oklahoma City Memorial Website and do some homework.  Check out the course, check out the FAQ section, and other race info.
2) Fuel and hydrate properly this week.  Lay off the sodas and adult beverages until after the race:-). And educate yourself on what to do and what NOT do during the race as far as drink stations and fuel is concerned. 
3) REST!!!   Rest early this week, cos if you are anything like me, the day(s) just prior to race I am sure we will be too anxious and nervous to rest well! HA!
4) Start thinking about what you want to bring. I will make a separate post about this tonight or tomorrow.
5) Pray

Also something else you may want to know about----if you go to the Oklahoma City Marathon Website...half way through the homepage, you can find a section that is for your friends and family back home.  You can have your loved ones follow you on your race through messaging systems.  This looks super cool and I know my family will be using it.

I am sure I am leaving out some important info.  As the race draws closer, I will be sure to keep this blog updated with information, as I think of it.


No comments: