Monday, April 8, 2013

Taper Time!!!

I am so excited to say that it is time to start TAPERING for the race day!  Someone asked me the other day what tapering means.....and I am happy to tell you that it means our hardest "training runs" are over with and we are now decreasing our distances to help prepare our legs to be FRESH on race day!!!  It's my favorite part of training.  Where you have put in the hard work and now get to start buiding the anxiousness, excitement, and even panic for that big day!!  SOOOO FUN!!


Most of yall are still one long run away from tapering, and that is quite alright since yall are running a half marathon or less.  As long as the last long run is in before the weekend, you should be fine!

In the next few days, Morgan and I will finalize the relay teams and who will be running what distance!  ****And yes, we still need a couple of more 5K runners.  So, it still isn't too late if you have a friend interested!!

Now for this week's agenda:

10K/12K Runners: 
-3mile run
-5mile run
-45min run/walk

Half Marathoners: (Wendy---I have asked for you to do something a bit different since you are trying to decide what will be a better fit.  I have text you your weekly agenda.)
-4 easy miles
-9 miles
(these runs are assuming you ran your last long run earlier in this week)

For myself (running a full), I ran my 20miler this weekend (in 25mph winds).  I will be blogging about it later today or this evening.....after I get my chores done for today! HAHA! 

20 days till the race!!!!



No comments: