Monday, February 11, 2013

Six Week In.....Eleven to Go!

Today we begin our 6th week of training....with just 11 weeks left to train!!!

For myself, I am beginning to up my mileage every 7-10days to prepare for the 26.2 mile race.  Yesterday, I ran 11.2miles.  It's the first time in months that I have ran double-digit mileage! So I was pumped.  I felt great, too! But today was a different story!  I went to CrossFit class and it was a flippin' SQUAT day!  We warmed up with squats and our WOD (Workout Of The Day) included 150 total squats.  My hips were BURNING!  I really had to fight back the tears today!! OUCH!!! But I pushed through and I FINISHED!  I keep telling myself, that this kind of push is preparing me for that last few miles in the marathon when it will hurt!!  Needless to say, I will be taking it easy tonight at group training!  My hips need some down time and alot of stretching out!


GROUP TRAINING:
I know we still have Wendy and Becky out for tonight.  ***Say a prayer for Wendy and her hubby, Jeff.  They went on a four day cruise and were due back today.  But the ship caught fire!!!!  All is ok and no one hurt.  But the cruise ship is stuck at sea for a few more days working off of limited power. CRAZY!!!  I am sure she is running laps around the ship to stay fit!! :-).

Because we have been a little off schedule, I plan to meet yall at 5pm and we can decide what is best to do tonight, depending on who is there and what they have been doing on their own.  If you can't meet tonight, please try to get out and do 5mins of running/1min walk X 8.  This could be done on the treadmill, too.

I am so looking forward to having our group back on track--literally!

No comments: