Thursday, February 7, 2013

Random Thoughts and Pictures!

We didn't have group training tonight because we had so many gals out of town or unable to attend!  And to be honest, I found myself not really wanting to go run at all today! First of all, I woke up with a bit of a funky tummy situation (cos I have been eating very clean lately, but last night I ate a hotdog.....OUCH).  And the thought of putting the PJs on early and crawling into my bed was very appealing!!

But I just decided to go ahead and put on my running gear and go!!  Even if it was a short run.  

The funny thing is, after 5 years of running, you'd think I'd learn that these "not want to run" runs are usually the best runs.  That is EXACTLY what happened tonight.  It seemed that as soon, as I started off, even up that dang Kerfoot Hill, I immediately felt good.   And the crazy wind had died to down to a nice evening breeze and only a few clouds were in sight from far away.   But then I started seeing the sky changing...and the colors and sunshine reflections were beautiful.  The entire run was just awesome, watching the sky change and taking in God's creation!!!  Loved it!

Here are a few pictures (that don't do justice to what I was really seeing) of tonight's scene.

Storm clouds off to the north-early in my run

Clouds moving in on my way back

Clouds way off to the east with a pretty reflection of the sun

My favorite!! This was at the end of my run when the wind picked up! Stunning!

I also wanted to leave you with some other very random pics from this run!  HAHAHA!!

Thought I'd bless you all with a pic of Selfie---ME!

ROADKILL LEFTOVERS---Yap, I took a pic of the remains of a skunk! LOL

No comments: