Monday, October 28, 2013

Slow It Down and SQUAT MOMMA!

Early last week I had some amazing runs for myself.  I also did well on my WODs, but by Thursday I was feeling the effects of doing a bit too much and maybe not eating enough to keep up the pace.  There is something that happens---maybe endorphins or maybe just my insanity or obsession with working out---that once you start to preform well, you just want to keep on going.  But the reality is....recovery and rest is just as important as eating clean and working out.  So Thursday I took the day off, but felt drained still come Friday.  But I didn't want to miss the benchmark WOD DT.  Can I just tell yall, I wished I would have missed it! The DT WOD sucked the life right out of me!!  It was 5 rounds of 12 deadlifts, 9 cleans, and 6 jerks.  I started out using 105lbs which was fine for the deadlift and jerks, but by round 3 I had to go down to 90lbs.  I was DRAINED!!!  I took the rest of the day off---no running at all!!
Saturday Morning Practice for Competition
Saturday morning came and I was a bit intimidated (and super sore from the DT WOD) to walk in a do a trial competition with all the Solus Competitiors.  And yall know my fear I have about these dang toes to bar to pullups I have going on.  As of right now, the other stuff is pretty easy for me, but not these T2B2PU.  But I was very encouraged after I left that practice, cos I was able to actually cycle through all the T2B2PUs---now I was slow and had to take a break but it was manageable!  :-).

My ONLY healthy meal this weekend!
Oh....and I must admit, I ate terrible on Saturday.  Yap, I ate true mexican food.  Chips, queso, taquitos, fajitas, and even a couple of nachos.  NOT GOOD!!!  I did eat well Sunday though....the picture above proves I did bounce back with eating clean the next day.

Today....I am feeling just a bit gross! Maybe it's the affects of having bad food this weekend and still needing more rest?  Or maybe I am fighting off being sick?  Not sure just yet....but gonna dial it down this week and start preparing for the competition.

OH---Totally off topic!!! But during the month of November, at CrossFit, we will be doing a back squat training cycle.  Today we had to do a one max rep and I was surprised and happy with myself.  I back squated 225lbs!!! I am so excited about that!!  But what's pretty scary is the workout that that number has left me to train with the next month??? YIKES!! Check it out...........
This looks mighty tough!!!  But hoping for a bigger back squat number in a month!!! :-)

No comments: