Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Week in a Runner's Heaven- Part 1

I just had the most amazing week EVER!  And I'll be honest, I had no idea this trip was going to be this fun. In matter of a fact, I was bit afraid I would be stuck in a hotel doing lots of work and being a bit bored. But that is not at all how this trip went. (I probably should have gotten more work done than play. O well!)

Todd travels quite often and his company has a policy that you can not travel alone. This particular trip he had a couple of conferences he was attending and a few meeting he had to make that required only him to attend. With that being said, I was granted the opportunity to go, as well. *darn!

Again, not knowing what to expect, we arrived in Richmond, Virginia on Thursday. We were put up to stay two nights at the Omni. The room was very pleasant but I was more intrigued with the town itself. The weather was ideal! Lower 80s during day (no humidity and nice breeze off the James River) and lower 50s in the evening.
Richmond Virginia Running Trails

Todd had a meeting first thing...so I thought I would take the concierge's advice and find the running trail just by the James River. I had no idea this trial would be this nice. It was quite, lots of other runners and bikers out, the sounds of the river and the beautiful scenery of fall coming on. I even found this neat little isle (a park of some sort) that had hiking/running trials too. It was amazing!! And of course, I brought my hubby back on his "off" day to see the place--along with all the other historical sites Richmond had to over.

Belle Isle---neat hidden place off the trials!


On Saturday, Todd and I drove to Washington, DC and turned in our rental car.  We got to the Gaylord, just outside of DC. We were supposed to get just a nice big room...but they somehow upgraded us to an amazing suite. This suite was ridiculous!! :-). We had a living area, a dining area, and office area, a big master bedroom and big bathroom. It was AMAZING!


Living the GOOD LIFE!!!!

Saturday night, Todd and I met up with some IFL friends that were in from California for one of the conferences (Roger and Laurie). They had a perfect evening planned for us. We started the night off by going to a balcony bar that overlooked DC, just before sundown--Beautiful!! We then had an amazing dinner and spent the rest of the night touring DC at night! This was Todd's first time in DC and my first time to see DC all lit up at night! It was stunning! We had great conversations, they smoked cigars while walking the DC mall area, and we soaked the whole city in!!! We finished our night with some oysters and drinks with our friends before heading home at midnight.
Washington DC at night
Washington DC view before sunset on rooftop!!!

***More coming on this in the next blog post:-).














No comments: