Sunday, October 20, 2013

Getting Stronger---and It's Making Me Faster!

I am so excited!  I just went on a Sunday run and was blown away at how great I felt, how strong I felt, and how fast I was. 
This is a super fast pace for me at this longer distance!! :-).
I usually run more like a 8:45 for a fast pace when I run anything over 5miles.  But today, I ran way faster than I ever had before for this long of a distance.  7.55miles in 1:02!!!!  I am shocked....cos I am not even tired or dead legged or winded at all!!  Nor was I trying to run hard or fast! I just wanted a nice Sunday afternoon run...nothing more, nothing less. 

***I am finally seeing the benefits of crossfit training (aka High Intensity Interval Training) and weight training as I truly believe it is making me a better athlete all around.  My body is finally changing.  And I am even getting faster, even though I have cut my weekly mileage in over half the last couple of months!!  LOVE THE PROGRESS!!

There is no doubt, I have been surprised with myself in the last couple of months of doing barbell training!  I am learning everyday that I have some natural "strongness" going on.  So much so that it makes me wonder why I am just now discovering this when I am almost too old to do much with it?? LOL. My coaches are shocked that I have never done any true weight training---other than conditioning in off season during my basketball and track days and random bootcamps (but no real barbell experience).

This past week I maxed out for the first time on my deadlifts and my squat cleans.  I got 275lbs on my deadlift and 125lbs on my squat cleans.  The funny thing is, I can actually lift a bit more than that....but it's my first time to learn some of these things and I am still learning the proper techniques and forms.  I actually have a new nickname---well actually new phrase that the coaches have come up for me----"That's terribly awesome!"  This meaning, I am apparently lifting a large amount of weight effortlessly but with some terrible form! HAHA!  (I have so much to learn when it comes to form.)

My bump is becoming a muscle!!! Watch out boys!!! *Love my SURPRISE FACE:-)
I am gonna get back on a strict eating schedule the next three weeks---to prepare for my first crossfit competition!!! COUNT DOWN is 20 days!!!! TWENTY DAYS!!!! OMG!!! I have got to get these pullups mastered!!! :-).

No comments: