Monday, June 3, 2013

Run for the Hill MudRun and Lots of Pictures

O My goodness!! We had so much fun this past Saturday:-).  There is absolutely no better or more fun way to get a good workout and many good laughs than by getting some girlfriends together and going to a Mud Run. :-).  Below is a picture of some of my BFF from CrossFit Gunter who ran this weekend.........
PreRace Picture: Top- Me and Staci, Botton-Tinna, Coach Jamey, Jynna
 
This is my second time to participate in Run for the Hill Charity MudRun and it's a great one!  I also LOVE that it is close to home....just a 30minute drive north!  And event is not a big event, at least not yet.  This is only the second annual Run for the Hills event, so I am sure it will continue to grow in participants, but for now, I love the less hectic and less amount of people participating.

The mudrun isn't an easy run either.  It is very much a great workout!  Lots of hills. Lots of running in creek beds.  Lots of ponds swimming.  Lots of mudholes to swim under obstacles and such.  The mudrun was 3.1miles with over 30obstacles.  Take a look at just a few pictures........
Muddy and FUN!--btw, this isn't us! HA


TINNA!!!!
My ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!
If you notice the caption at the bottom of the above picture, it says MY ACCOMPLISHMENT!  When I came up to this obstacle, I really thought this would be one that I would have to walk around because I remembered a few years ago trying to do this at a local park.  HAHA! What a joke it was because I couldn't even swing to one bar!!!  I had NO upper strength what so ever.  But this weekend, I was able to do the whole obstacle with NO PROBLEM, even in the rain!  OMG!! I am so flip'n excited about that!!! :-).  Whew Whoo! I am getting stronger!!

But the best part of this whole mudrun are the SLIDES!!! There were two tarp slides that would shoot us out into the middle of ponds.  And these slides were fun and fast!  The first one, we were allowed to go stomach and face first! It was so fun.  And the last one was super fast and long! Talk about SPEED!!! 

Slide #1 (I went face and stomach first!)
Slide #2---236ft slide! AMAZING
The pictures don't do this event justice!  It was so much fun!  And to my surprise I finished pretty strong even though I wasn't running for time.  I didn't even where a timing chip.  I ended up getting 5th in my age division and 50th overall out of about 500people! :-). Not to shabby!  I might want to try and go hard sometime and see if I can win it all do even better? HA!


Me and my friend Staci

Me with Tinna right after she did a 360 off the last slide:-)

The Gunter Gals from Gunter Crossfit


Super Fun! Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: