Monday, June 17, 2013

Goal Met!

Last week, I shared with you how I set a weekly goal to run 20miles and do crossfit 3 times all week....however, I failed to meet that goal by 6miles. But this week, I had the same goal and I am happy to report that I DID IT!

I have to admit, it was barely done though.  I started the week off strong just like I always do, but the weekend was approaching and I still had six miles left to run, again. With two boys playing baseball in the Dallas area, it was getting a bit hard to find a time to run.  But I woke up early Sunday morning, before church to knock out those six miles.  I even got an extra mile of walking because I ran into Kris, a friend of mine, and was able to walk and chat with her too! 

It was still a hard goal to reach, which is crazy because just a couple of months ago I was running 20miles in ONE RUN and running 30-35miles per week.  WOW!  Looking back, that just seems nuts! But then again, I was only doing crossfit boot camp twice a week and it wasn't this hot and humid then, either!

This week's goal will be shortened a bit, as I am having a much needed girls trip to Galveston with a friend of mine.  I will still do my 3 CrossFit classes but this week I would like to do 2 Get Fit classes and run 12-15miles total. 

No comments: