Monday, June 17, 2013

Bumps, Barbells and Bruises

Working out with a barbell in my new crossfit class has been such a big change for me.  It's not the first time I have worked out with a barbell, but it is the first time that I am being "coached" with technique and have been implementing it as part of my workout rather than just strength training.  I find this very intriguing since I was a kinesiology major and a girl's high school coach.  I am learning stuff I did not learn back in college.  And for the first time,  I feel like I am learning something NEW that is TRUE.

But along with learning all this, I am finding I have battle wombs to show for it!  HAHA!  I am a ROOKIE!! Take a look at these pics.  You'll notice I have a bruise under my neck, close to my chest....cos apparently one side of this bone sticks out more than the other....and that's where I rest the barbell on my cleans.
This pic doesn't show it as good due to the lighting.  It's under my neck on the left side.
I am not even sure you can tell from this picture, but if you saw me in person, you would see a big bruise between my neck and chest on the left side.  Both shoulders are bruised, as well.  ***This makes me feel tough*** HAHA!

The picture below is of my thumb and a little blister that hurts quite bad! I think this is from gripping the barbell or holding onto the to pull-up racks.  It's an easy fix though---with athletic tape wrapped around it.
Not sure why my thumb looks super long in this pic? HA
And here is another pic of my bruised chest....and my pinky toe!  Yap, the pinky toe is still healing from my marathon run.  I have lost the nail once and may lose it again.  It looks to me as if I have a blood blister trying to heal under the toenail???
Will my pinky toe ever be the same?
This last picture isn't so bad.  It's a collage picture of my last week's workouts.  I wanted to document how hot it was for an evening run at 8pm on evening.  It was miserably hot, super humid, and absolutely no breeze.  UGH!!!

LOOK! LOOK! LOOK!  I have a muscle "bump".  Forever, I have done tons of curls, weight training, pushups, etc and I have never had a visible bump in my life.  My legs have shown definition but NEVER have my arms.  But look at me now!!!! Barbells make bumps!!! It's not big! Maybe not even sexy---YET!  But, it's proof that it's working!! I love it!!!


No comments: