Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Momma's Vacation Requires a Cleanse!

I had a great workout week last week, but I also had a really good weekend! That's because this momma took a short weekend mini vacation to Galveston with three of her girlfriends!! Which meant lots of fried foods were eaten (bad), very little sleep (bad), some adult beverages drank (bad), and no exercising all weekend (bad).  But it was OH SO FUN and OH SO WORTH IT!

Look at all the bad unhealthy stuff we did.....

Friday, I started the weekend off right (knowing it was the best I was going to do all weekend).  I went to CrossFit that morning and had healthy food up until LUNCH.  Bonnie (my local friend) and I drove to Buffalo but made a BRAUMS stop for lunch.  I did drink unsweet tea, though.  It all goes downhill from there.  We meet up with my old college roommate/teammate, Casie and her sister, Christy and drove to Galveston. 

Not exactly knowing what to expect of our room accommodations....to our surprise, the place we had for the weekend was way better than we ever imagined.  It was just perfect!! Bonnie's husband is from this area and has come local contacts and was able to get us a room for free.  We were expecting a ROOM....not a condo! SWEETNESS!  And it was a condo with a view:-).
We found this shopping cart and it worked great for carrying our luggage 3 floors high!
Friday evening, we went to Bonnie's father-in-law's house and he cooked us some amazing fried shrimp and crawfish!! YUMMM!  And of course a few drinks to wash down the spices.  We finished our evening with walking and talking along the beach.
The top pic cracks me up! Looks like Casie is grabbing my boobs! HAHA! I pretty sure she is just hugging me:-).


Saturday morning we woke up fairly early and had breakfast.....fried eggs, bacon, and friend potato bites.  We spent all afternoon on the beach and had a blast riding the waves on our big blow up floats.  I have never laughed so hard in my life.  I have to admit, all of our paddling, swimming, and jumping waves was a very good workout!  And we did really well getting alot of water in and ate lunchables for snack that afternoon.
The blow up floats were well worth the money and time!!! SO MUCH FUN!


Our plans were to go back to the condo and chill out at the pool and swim in some cleanish water before cleaning up to go to a local pub.  But, we ended up hanging out at the pool the rest of the evening....or at least till they kicked us out, which was about 10:30pm or so.  I have to admit, this was the best part of the whole trip.  I even had a nice nap on the lounge chair, too:-). We laughed and talked and laughed and talked the entire evening.......  Our diet at this time of the day was not so much water anymore:-). HAHA!  And we ate alot of chicken in the biscuit crackers!!
Pool Fun---From L-R: Casie, Christy, Me, and Bonnie


Like I said, we had planned to go to a local pub where there was a good band playing and have a bite to eat....but by the time we had all showered. We were STARVING!  We went to the pub and the grill was closed because it was too late, so we decided IHOP was a must.  And get this.... I ate the sampler plate, HAHA! Chicken tenders, cheese sticks, onion rings-UGHH! GROSS!  But it was delicious!!  Dinner time was long overdue at this point.

We got home and in bed at about 2am....which I was ready to crash! Sun all day, drinks in the evening and now a full, greasy belly...no doubt the bed was calling my name! 

The next morning we slowly got packed up and slowly drove home.  We stopped by many places on our way back home: Denny's for lunch, Buckee's Souvenir Shop, and Woody's Smokehouse (for the best beefy jerky EVERY).

At get this....my weekend was still not over.  It ends up that both Bonnie's boy and my son were still playing baseball deep into their tournaments----at the same park in Grapevine.  So, guess what we did?  We ended up driving to Grapevine after dropping Casie and Christy off and watched 2 more games of baseball!  We did not get home till 11:30pm!

Such a fun weekend! But oh so bad on the scale.  Needless to say, I was 4lbs up after the weekend fun! Therefore, today I started a CLEANSE!  YUCK! But oh, so worth it!!

No comments: