Monday, June 10, 2013

Epic Fail for Me

Last week I started my week off with a workout goal in mind.....to go hard at 3 crossfit classes and to run at least 20miles.  Since upping my CrossFit regimen, I have found it hard to find the extra time to get the mileage in I once was....and also trying to figure out what a good balance would be for doing both now!

It's also been a bit of a struggle to get used to the new routine of having the kids home, which means cooking and cleaning more, while I am trying to keep up with my job and workouts! Not to mention, the kids think that if it's summertime, then we must have something "amazing and fun" to do EVERY SINGLE DAY! HA!

Oh...and don't forget, I live in Texas, which means there are very few hours where it's actually not too dangerous to go out for a run and not die of a heat stroke! *Sigh*  Another words, workout hours are shorten a lot during the summertime for me. **Dislike*

The week began and I was totally on target.......


 .......until that DANG WEEKEND!!!



Same story, different weekend!!!  But this weekend came....along with extra baseball games, unexpected or unplanned visits with friends, and of course some added thunderstorms.  Needless to say, I had checked 3 crossfit classes off my weekly list and 14miles of running.  Six more miles is all I needed to complete my weekly goal with Friday, Saturday and Sunday still left (and six miles to me isn't that big of a deal).  This sounded easy in my little brain!  It would be easy! 
FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!  Six miles left and I didn't make it!!  BOOOO!

And it DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! Needless to say---I am kind of down on myself for not getting those six miles in.  DANG! DANG! DANG! 

So this week.... I am going to go for the same goal of 3 crossfit classes and 20miles of running!!  And it looks like those miles will need to happen at the crack of dawn now that the forecast is mid90s-100s this week:-(

The Positives from last week, even though I did not meet my weekly goal:  I did do Toes to Bars on Friday at Crossfit.  A month ago I couldn't even do one, but I was able to a set of 12,  a set of 9, and a set of 6 and it wasn't too terribly hard!!  GO ME!!  ***That is one thing I love about CrossFit, is how easily it is to see progress in your performance!!! I am still shocked:-).

No comments: