Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Obsessed with Numbers!!!

Why are we so obsessed with numbers??  It's crazy!!! I am so obsessed with numbers everywhere....the numbers on the clock, the numbers on my calorie watch, the numbers on my timer, the numbers on my DailyMile logs, the numbers on my scale.....and this list can go on and on!  But it is so true! 209888371625472810!!!!!

Since I have recently began to up my CrossFit workout regimen, I am finding out that I have less time and less strength to actually run the way I was running.  Any "normal" person would totally understand that, since I have replaced some of my mileage with CrossFit training.  But not me, I am obsessed with that dang DailyMile number that logs my runs.  I have been so used to easily clearing 20+miles a week that to see a few weeks that I barely make the double digits in mileage logged, kind of freaks me out! Why is it so hard to train my little brain (and I mean little) that it's ok not to have big mileage if I am still putting in workout hours!

And then, when I do go for a run,  I am consistently checking my garmin watch.  Am I running a good pace?... if I am not, WHY NOT??  Why am I not running a 8:40pace every single run?  Especially if I am only running a few miles each day?------Yes, the logical part of my brain does tell me, you have already worked out today and that any mileage put in, at any given pace, is bonus mileage.  But when I get home and log it, my brain goes back to ignorant and I feel disappointed that I am not running as much as I once was.  THOSE DANG NUMBERS!  And with DailyMile, they have these cool charts that chart it!  I am obsessed! LOL

Oh, and let's talk about that scale. GRRR!  Just makes me so mad sad!  I went from 172-149.  But post marathon, I have put on 4-5lbs.  At first I thought it was because I has slacked off on the eating super well.  But I have since adjusted that! Then I thought, I need to get more consistent miles in since I am now doing CrossFit more.  CHECK! DONE!  Guess what, I am still 4lbs up.  It's just a number! I feel great! I know I am smaller than I was in January, but I am obsessed with that NUMBER!
I think this ALOT when I get on the scale!!!
The reality of it all, is I know I am much healthier now than I once was!  I do feel great!  I am getting stronger everyday, and faster, and leaner! I am making improvements everyday!  Regardless of what the numbers say!!! :-). 
This is what I need to do!! :-).
New goal! I will not be obsessed with the numbers.  Less weighing in! Less runs without the watch! Gonna start asking myself "What number?" HA

No comments: