Friday, March 29, 2013

It's Not Really a Diet....

Most of yall who know me, know I have battle with my weight going up and down.....due to babies, thyroid and hormones. 

I finally went the the doctor and began to see a nutritionist this winter, to see EXACTLY what I was not doing right.  I wanted to learn, for once and for all.....how to fuel my body properly, get the extra weight off, and feel good so I can continue my hobbies of exercising!

I have changed my eating habits and have began a new diet....which is not really a diet.  It's just common sense stuff and learning to eat RIGHT and ENOUGH.  Eating right and eating enough is something I am learning to do now.  And it is working.  I am 16lbs down.....and if all goes well, I will continue to lose.

Some of yall have asked about what I am doing.  I want to share, but please know that the information I am giving to you may be different for you based on your body needs.  Mine is based on how much and often I exercise (which is ALOT), my current weight and height, and my age.

Before learning this... I was eating about 1200-1400calories a day but exercising at least 800calories a day:-(  I had cut my carbs but not enough.  I ate alot of protein, but not enough.   And I ate NO VEGGIES!!!! :-(  I also craved foods (I don't so much now).  I wouldn't eat enough during the day, so at night I was starving!!!!! LOCK THE PANTRY AT 7pm!!!!! Mandy is hungry!!! LOL!

NOW: I do not count calories anymore.  Instead, I have to intake these servings of food on a daily basis.  And I must add, I am trying to go as organic as I can most of the time.  But, I haven't 100% committed to that as far as going out to eat and such.  I just choose wisely.

My daily serving intake is.....
At least 5 proteins
At least 5-8 veggies
At least 3 fruits
2 beans or nuts
Only 1 dairy (usually sprinkles of cheese or a greek yogurt)
Only 1 grain (I sometimes allow myself to have one cheat meal with more grain on the weekend---IF I worked off at least 3500 calories that week).
Plant oils 3/ Cooking Oils 2

This is a lot of food girls.  It has taken me 3months to perfect this new diet/routine, but I have it down now.  I feel AMAZING!!! I am not HUNGRY all the time!!! My workouts are not draining me!  And I feel like I have control again!

I don't eat fast food....but if I have to, I choose salads or fruits. 

I drink A LOT of water..... In matter of fact, when I think I am hungry, I drink glass of water or a veggie/fruit drink and wait to see.  I usually never want anything to eat after that! 
I have learned to live like this chart suggest!!! It WORKS!!!  

So here are a few of my SECRETS too......

I make a shakeology shake once a day.  Usually right after a workout cos it is full of all kinds of good healthy stuff.  Lots of veggies and proteins:-).  You'll notice that in my picture below, I have ice, frozen strawberries and bananas, spinach, and the shakeology powder.  Blend it up and I have 1 serving of protein, 2 veggies, and 1 fruit.....maybe even more!!! 
My favorite Shake Mixture....before blending.
I also take some supplements.....  You can see from this picture below what I take, but I did forget to add my Vitamin D. 
Every morning I have to take my thyroid medicine (cytomel).  Then an hour later, I eat breakfast at take fish oil, the citrimax (Garcinia Cabambogia---Dr Oz Recommendation), vitamin D, and drink my Green Tea from Herbalife.  The Herbalife tea is my coffee.  I have a cup every morning!!! Been drinking this for 10years! I LOVE IT!!!

And lastly, here are some products I use to help me when I just can't get all those servings in.  And to be honest, I still don't like a lot of veggies so using the NAKED Natural drinks help me get them in!!! And they are good (even if it looks nasty). 




Often I will eat Greek Yogurt (I don't really like it) with the KIND healthy grains.  This is the Cinnamon Oat Clusters.  This gives me my dairy and grain requirement and is easy for a breakfast on the go.  The KIND health grains have high fiber, gluten free, and has all those "healthy" things in them like flaxseed, quinoa and buckwheat:-)

The NAKED drinks are my favorite.  This GREEN MACHING NAKED contains in one whole bottle apples, banana, kiwi, mango, hint of pineapple, spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger and parsley in it.  No added sugars, no preservative, non GMO and vegan!!!

And the Pork Skins.....well these are my last resort substitute for chips.  I don't get them often, but if I want chips, I instead get pork skins.  They crunch and look like they are in a chip back, so it helps me think I am eating chips too:-). HAHA!!  They are by no means organic...but they are much better than chips.  NO CARBS and actually have protein.  HA! 


****That's it ladies.  It's rather simple!  It just gets so complicated when we have so many processed, convenient foods to choose......which we shouldn't!!!  So all in all, I am eating more than I ever have.  I am eating the right stuff. I am eating more organic foods and it is working for me!!

Stay tuned..........as this story will continue:-).



 

No comments: