Monday, June 2, 2014

Reality Check

This past Friday I got my cousin to do my measurements!  I DID NOT WANT to do them AT ALL!  I did not want to see first hand all the progress I had made just fall apart right before my eyes.  But the reality is.....I needed to see the damage so I can see the results that will follow in the weeks and months to come.

Good news and bad news--- Let's just say that!  It wasn't near as bad as I had thought it would be.  But still.....very, very humbling when you do see numbers that you worked so hard become a goal once again!!!! But I did it once before and I can do it again and surpass all these numbers this summer!!!!

MARCH MEASUREMENTS VS LAST FRIDAY'S

Weight                   147.4                   149.1 (could this all be boobie??? LOL--Dr says maybe 1.8-2lbs)

IN INCHES--
Neck                        13.5                    13.75
Chest High               37                        36.5    (A bit shocking but maybe less pec muscles??)
Chest Bust               38.5                     41         :-) funny!
Upper Arm              12.25                  same
Waist               33.5low/34hi        34.5low/36hi     (The BAD NEWS--But not surprised at all)
Hip                          39.5                     same
Thigh                       22.25                   same
Calf                         14.25                   14.5

Measurements from the Caliper (spelling??)
Bicep                      10                           11
Tricep                     9                              11
Subscapular           16                         same (aka back fat---happy about this!!!)
Iliac Crest               14                           20   (hip area near my fatty area----This made me real sad)
Thigh                      14                           15


I am very happy that my upper body really wasn't affected by the lack of upper body workouts.  I do know I have loss some muscle mass though (I can tell my lady lumps in the arm are not as cut)....but the measurements stayed the same for the most part.  GOOD NEWS

BAD NEWS: if you look at my waist and iliac crest area---this is where it makes me a bit sad, as I had worked so hard to get those numbers down.  I hated to see them creep up (even if it isn't that much).

GOOD NEWS is I am back to my old workout regimen!!! I feel like I am very much near 100% but just keeping it a little cautious.  Today I was able to do pull ups without bands and handstand pushups, as I did before hand.  Now I didn't go crank out numerous amounts yet, but I did feel pretty good doing them.  I will just need to rebuild the strength and endurance to start cranking them out again!! **This will take some time but I will be patient!  I am just happy I can do all the things I could do beforehand!  I DIDN'T LOSE IT!!! :-).

I will have Trent check my measurements again in 6 weeks to see my progress!  And I will focus hard on getting the abs I have wanted and was so close to having before surgery! :-).  I can do this!! And I will do this!!!!


REALITY is in the pics too.  The pudge has returned :-(  BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!
5 weeks post op back side

5 weeks post op front/side shot

No comments: