Thursday, June 12, 2014

Early to Rise! Early to Bed!

My first week of co-coaching crossfit with 5am, 6am, and 7am was a success!!! I did it!  I got my lazy self out of bed at 4:15am.  Now the question is, can I do it all summer!?!? LOL
***Confusion: it's nice to be home early and have the classes and my own workout knocked out before the kids are even awake yet!!! ---SCORE!!!   And yes, I am in bed by 9pm after a 4:15am alarm clock! 

I am really beginning to have fun now that I am forming relationships with some of these athletes.  But what has been my favorite of all, so far.....is teaching the newbies!  In the last 2 weeks were have had several new athletes come try out crossfit.  I have, for the most part, been the one to help them while the other coach leads the veterans.

It's very rewarding to see someone new---with that intimidating look on their face come in--and to help settle in with the class.  And after a full crossfit workout (even though they are totally worn out) you can see the look of achievement and satisfaction on their face.  You can see that they are proud of themselves!! This has been awesome!  I also find it rewarding to see them return the next day...or next week.....and they look to you to give them that "encouragement" they need each workout!  It's absolutely the best feeling to coach and be these athletes' cheerleaders!!! :->

Next week, I begin to lead teach...rather co-teach!  I admit, I am a little intimidated to do this with EYES on me! I am sure I will do fine since I have plenty of experience with lead teaching or coaching in my former roles (as a teacher, coach, or church leader).  But it's always intimidating when you first get started.

As for my own personal goals this past week, I have been doing great (despite the 5lb freakish weight gain on the scale earlier this week)!  I have been focusing hard on eating the right amount of macros and keeping up with every thing I eat and drink.   I am right on target though.  I have been having some killer workouts and seem to be bouncing back way faster than I expected! YAE!

My workouts this week:
Sunday: Running
Monday: CrossFit and Track Running (Lifts were split jerk/squat snatch)
Tuesday: CrossFit and Funky Fit (Lifts were front squat and counting the 60pullups I did as a lift-ha)
Wednesday: CrossFit (lifts were dead lifts/overhead squats/clean&jerks)
Thursday: CrossFit (lift was squat snatch)

My Diet has been spot on for what I am trying to do (lean out but fuel for performance).
My weight has moved back down to the 150 area (thank goodness)....and I feel like I am finally at a place to start seeing and making progress once again.

My goal for the upcoming week is to get more fruits and VEGGIES in like I was before surgery!
And to use my new toy for weighing my foods---especially my protein.
Things are getting serious! HA!





No comments: