Thursday, May 8, 2014

Pros and Cons and My Status So Far

I am three weeks post surgery and feeling GREAT!  Swelling has gone down tremendously now....  I don't think I have any swelling unless I have been laying down for awhile and even then, it goes down within minutes.  I have dropped into my regular position and now just waiting on them to form their new shape....which for me means I can't enjoy too much of this new freedom of going braless as I would like---and am tempted to do.  I must actually wear a bra all the time....and one that pushes me up and in too (cos it will help to shape them in that way---rather drop too far south). This includes wearing them to bed too (yuck).

So what are the Pros and Cons so far of my new "additions".


PRO- 1.  I love them! I am so happy that I have done this for myself.  It's nice to have some lady curves (aka by me as my Lady Lumps).  I do not feel manly anymore!
CON-1.  I wish I would have gone one size bigger.  I am glad no one can "tell" I have had them done, but I would like just a little more volume--just a little.

PRO-2. I can go braless and no one can tell (unless I am wearing something that is thin). I wore a halter top to a baseball game the other day---without a bra.  So nice not having to worry about your tops falling off due to no lady lumps!! HA
CON-2. I am not really allowed to go braless often as these new things are supposed to be tied up tight for the next few months to gain a good shape.

PRO-3.  So far all my tops are still fitting me.  No need to buy new clothes---even though I want new clothes.
CON-3.  I am so broke for paying for these additions that I can't afford new clothes right now! LOL!
***MOTHER'S DAY GIFT---New Super Duper Tight Running Bra!!!!

PRO-4.  I am not afraid to get dressed in the light anymore in front of Todd!!!
CON-4.  However, I am still restricted from too much "contact".  (sorry TMI?)

PRO-5. My workout tanks are not falling off my shoulders anymore.
CON-5. However, I haven't been released to go all out exercise wise ****and this is making me anxious!!

As far as this stage of recovery.....recovery is good! So good that I am tempted to do things I am not allowed to do yet! LOL!!! Cos I feel absolutely fine! But I am trusting what I have been told by the doctors and doing what I am allowed to do.  I even feel good enough to have met up with my old college roommate, Casie, this past weekend for a quick Girls Getaway.....poolside conversation, out to eat, a few drinks, and Pete's Piano Bar!!! :-).
Casie and I ate Pete's Piano Bar (Can you say PUSH UP BRA?)


This week I have been able to add some very light running to my workouts and a little bit of weight  (so light weight that I am even wondering if it is actually benefiting me--LOL).  So what do my workouts consist of??

LEGS
Deep Air Squats
Light Weight Barbell Squats
Leg Extensions (can go heavy here)
Leg Curls (standing)
Pistols (lots and lots of pistols)
Step Up on the Box
Wall Sits
Walking
Jogging------**this feels a bit awkward still, as I have an air pocket I can feel swishing around.  This is normal but I am still being super careful. I bet I am running slower than a 10min pace.
Lunges
LEG WORK----and some chicken legs on the grill!! :-)

CARDIO
Elliptical (no arms)
Walking
Speed Walking
Easy and short Jogging
Easy jog and Speed Walk at the Park

ABS
Very little (just lower abs)  **Seems abs incorporate chest no matter what.

ARMS
Very little---just light weight dumbbell curls (isolated and with light weight-10#)


DIET---This is where I am really concentrating myself on right now.  As of Monday, I have been back on track with a super strict clean eating program.  This week I am eating nothing but shakeology, lean meats, and veggies.  NO DAIRY. NO RED MEATS, VERY VERY LITTLE NUTS, NO STARCHES, NO TREATS, etc...

My Status: I feel a like I am losing my lady lumps in my arms:-( I can still flex it, but the lump is slowly going down!!! I need my heavy weights asap! HAHA!  My six pack isn't visible anymore, but it was way better than it was right after surgery with all the bloating.  Next week, I will be able to hit my abs a little more aggressively and regain my abs back!

My Weight: I am exactly the same weight.  146#


No comments: