Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MOTIVATION!!! It finally came back!

Wow!! It's been right at 5months since my surgery.  And even though I gave myself a "break" for two weeks....the weeks following DID NOT go as I had planned or hoped for.  Now with that being said....my recovery has been pretty simple and pretty easy.  But the diet recovery part has been a big challenge.  I have attempted to start the 21 day sugar detox just two weeks after the surgery=FAIL.  Then three weeks post recovery began a strict clean eating plan=somewhat of a fail.

Now don't get me wrong.... I didn't blow it!!! But I sure wasn't in the zone like I have been in the months past.

I have stayed wheat free for the most part though---not because I didn't cheat, but simply because when I did cheat, there was a price to pay!! Wheat and me do NOT go together anymore.

I am not sure why I wasn't able to reach my diet goals this past month.   Maybe it was my body's way of saying I wasn't ready?  Maybe I just was lazy?  But I think it may have been a mental thing.....meaning, since I couldn't workout like I normally do, I lost some of the motivation.

So last week I had been cleared to start slowly progressing back into my normal routine...that is with extreme caution.  I can start doing strict movements with more weight.  I can get my heart rate up again...but I must slowly start working towards jerking type exercises.  This has allowed me to not be so limited and I am able to WOD again with only a few limitations.

Yesterday I was able to WOD with only ONE modification.
Our barbell skill was max strict press.....but I just did 6rounds of 5 strict presses at 75# (about 65% of my max).
WOD was 30 back squats with 95#, run a 400, 20 front squats with 95#, run a 400 and 10 OH Squats (I opted to do barbell lunges instead of OH) and run a 400.
**I did great and felt great!
**And I came home and ate right all day long!!! And I thinks it's because of the effort I put into my workout??

But I WOKE UP SORE TODAY!  Kind of surprises me since I have been doing lots of leg exercises!?!  But it goes to show, when you are up against a clock, the extra intensity does make a huge difference.

My legs are as hard as a rock!  My abs are even sore!  And my boobs feel heavy---like I just gave birth.  But NO pain, just sore!
I welcome the soreness!  Like I said, it's another part of keeping me motivated! If I am sore, that means it must be working:-).

Today was a benchmark day at CrossFit.  Every 6months we do certain exercises to see how much we have improved.  Six month ago I did FILTHY FIFTY and I went ALL OUT! I was so proud to finish second overall....with a pretty good time of 26mins.

Today, I got a piece of humble pie though.  My time will be wiped off the wall and replaced with someone who did it this time around :-(.....  And then of course, I did my own modified version of a FILTHY FIFTY and still couldn't reach the time I had 6months ago!!

6months ago I did this in 26min
My extremely modified workout was....
50 one legged box step ups
50 reverse pull-ups from knees
50 russian swings with #15 dumbbell
50 walking lunges
50 k2e
50 isolated curls
50 leg extensions
50 squats with KB
50 push ups form my knees (first time to try push ups and felt fine)
50 v-ups

**This took me 28mins:-(

Again, I may not be where I left off, but I am getting closer....and with the MOTIVATION coming back, it sure gives me hope!!!

It's all part of the progress......  Here's to STAYING MOTIVATED!!!

No comments: