Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I am BACK!! And it feels GREAT!!!

I am officially six weeks post op and back at the gym (aka The Box).  Yes, I have been doing some very modified WODs at CrossFit (mainly lower body and very limited upper body) the last week or so.  But this week I have no restrictions----but just to take it easy, listen to my body, and scale it a little at first.

Yesterday was my first real---and unmodified WOD.  It wasn't too bad as we did back squats for skill...then a competitive ladder of Clean and Jerks.  I have not been allowed to clean and jerk in six weeks so I was very cautious starting out.  I am proud to say, I had no issues.  I started with 35# and ended with 125#.  I did opt to not jerk anything over 105 just to be on the safe side.  We also ran 200m sprints.  This was a first in 6weeks, too.  Again, no issues.  And even came home, rested, and woke up not even sore (not boobie sore---but was sore like I would typically expected).
Got my bag on my hip and ready to WOD!

Today was the real test though, as the workout had a lot of movements I was scared to do. Not only a lot of different movements, but also a lot of each movements (a lot of reps).
Warm up alone was a little scary as it had pushups and strict pull-ups in it.  But I did the pushups with ease and would only do two pull ups at a time with a band for now.

The WOD was....  ***I modified just about everything just to be safe! **These had a lot of movements I haven't done in 6weeks that involve the chest somehow.  Better safe than sorry!!!

50 calories row  (I didn't go all out with speed--just a nice easy pace)
50 Box Jump Overs
50 Deadlifts 120#
50 Wall Balls  (I used 10#ball & hitting the lower line---but ended up hitting the top line by then end)
50 Ring Dips (opted to not do these yet---so I did pushups with quick breaks every 5 pushups)
50 Wall Balls
50 Deadlifts
50 Box Jumps Overs
50 Cal Row

I am thrilled that I was able to do all these movements!  I really was nervous about every thing I tried today. Deadlifts involve the use of the chest in the upright position, especially with heavy weights (but luckily 120# is not heavy to me--I max over 300#).  The wall balls scared me due to the throwing motion overhead and of course the thought of missing a catch and having a ball land on my chest:-(  RING DIPS---waiting a week to do these. Oh, and even box jumps because of the use of explosive arm motions is a bit scary.   I am very surprised that it nothing bothered me! I am thrilled too:-).  And even now, just a few hours later, I have no swelling or discomfort!!!  :-).

I am a happy-happy girl!!!


***Now with some exciting news.  I am almost done with my front part of interning (the observing part)....  The next 40hours I will be coaching with some assistance:-).  That's exciting and a bit nerve-racking to know that I will be monitored the whole time! LOL!

I am officially on the schedule to COACH starting June 9th for the remainder of the summer.  That's super cool.  What's not so cool is I am teaching Monday thru Wednesday, 5am, 6am, and 7am!!! WOWZERS!  Alarm will be going off at 4:25am people! PRAY FOR ME!!! But at least I will be home before the kids wake up---and most likely before Todd goes to work too! LOL!  **Luckily it's only three days a week.

Super Happy to be back at it!!!!!!!




No comments: