Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Struggling Well

Struggling Well!!! That's been my new phrase of choice lately.  It all started with ministry work a couple of months back, then has leaked over into my personal, everyday life here recently.

So what does STRUGGLE WELL actually mean to me??? It means I am doing nothing extra and simply managing to get by!  And this is SOOO NOT ME!!! This type of character trait or personality is one I don't like! It's one in where I can find myself FAIL...and FAIL a lot.  But, it's not by choice that I get to this point.  It's simply by accident.  And by the time I realize it, I have a bit of a mess to clean up afterwards.

Let me back up a bit and give you a bigger picture....

A couple of months back, ministry started becoming WORK, rather ministry.  This began the STRUGGLE.  Leaders were missing more frequently due to life, I was short handed, lessons needed to be tweaked, etc.  I started losing focus on what the goal of the ministry was and started my own self pity. This is not good! ** However, it doesn't end there.... it actually led me to another STRUGGLE...which was my own personal growth and walk.  I began to fall behind in my Bible Studies and due to my motherhood life, I have missed more than my fair share of Bible study times here recently.  This eventually leads me to get out of the habit of starting my day with God.....and sometimes even miss the opportunity to meet with God at all anytime of the day.

Can you see the STRUGGLE??? Ministry is becoming work and stressful, which leads to less Bible Study time, which leads to less time with God.  **not going in the right direction

And now, I am over a week into another attempt to clean eat.  But have realized I am STRUGGLING to do this simple task that I am passionate about doing.

WHY AM I STRUGGLING????  WELL.......

Yesterday, as I was talking to our Pastor after staff meeting he asked me a simple question that I have been thinking about for 24hrs.......  "Why do you do what you do?"

Guess what, ladies??? I had forgotten the WHY?  And got lost in the struggles of life and was trying to do life on my own!  THIS CAN'T BE DONE!!!

Today I woke up....still struggling, but STRUGGLING WELL as I have been reminded of WHYs in my life.

Don't Forget Why YOU do what YOU do, either??  ***Btw: Jesus cleans up our messes we left behind, too!!


No comments: