Thursday, April 17, 2014

Leading Up to the BIG Day

This week went by fairly quick considering I was excited and a bit nervous about the upcoming "big" day.  I admit, I put in alot of workout hours the last four days try to make up for the time off! Which leads me to believe that I have some real issues with how I use exercise in my life.  It's almost like a way of life for me.  Yes, that's good, but it's also bad if I rely on exercise for much more than the health benefits.  I truly believe that "forced" time off will actually be good for me.  It will be hard!! Like really hard!

***And now, I will be relying on my diet alone for progress...and a lot of prayer and quiet time with God:-).

The days leading up to my surgery were kind of weird.  Not sure I am going to do a good job explaining it, but it was as if I had reached a goal that I didn't realize I had or a stage in my life that I didn't know I was approaching.  Since having my babies (who are not at all babies anymore) I have dreamed of getting my breast done.  But I had never been officially ready......I breastfed for the first 5+ years of after having kid.  At that point I was heavy from post pregnancies and then began using herbalife.  I lost a ton of weight from walking and drinking shakes.  But this was not a healthy loss. I was skinny but out of shape. Then, I slowly began to gain weight as I began a new phase as a working mom, meaning lots of hamburger helper, mac n cheese, and spagetti dinners....or dinners on the go! Therefor I slowly gained my weight back.  I began running near the time I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism.  I lost weight inititually because the dr gave me thyroid medicine AND a diet pill.  YAP, still not healthy.

I gained weight back despite my 30+ miles of running per week and my 2 boot camps class per week....and with doctor recommendation of eating 1200 calories.

My metabolism was shot.

Yall know the recent phase I am in..... I did my own homework.  Began crossfit.  Switched doctors. and started over from square one.  My diet was what was destroying me.  Therefor in the last 18months I have not only been physically training but I have been nutritionally training!!

So today was a bitter sweet day.  A day that I realized I had reached this new phase in my life.  My body has been through a lot with me as I have gone through these phases.  And today it was going to go through one that was a positive one.  This was a reward for ME in which I am acknowledging that I have been and gone through alot in my 38yrs.

Last Runs: Kick butt in Sprints at CrossFit and a 8mile run
It felt a little weird this week working out.  Thinking about how the next time I would run I would have bumps (aka boobs) to work with.  And when I do pull ups, my chest my actually hit the bar like they are supposed to, and when I put on a tank top with a sports bra, I won't look like a man.

I also had a couple of weird dreams......like of being extremely too big with my new boobs! Or even thoughts of, "Sure hope I am not the first one to die getting a boob job while my girlfriends are crossfitting?" LOL.  And of course, it's just a tad strange waking up one day flat chested (or deflated) and then an hour later having boobs.  AMAZING! But strange.

As of the surgery, it was super quick and much easier than I anticipated.  And I LOVE my doctor and his staff! They were amazing and I honestly believe I had one of the best! I was able to get around very well afterwards....but do have pain about every 7hours after meds wear off.  Two pain meds don't work so I have to take two....but then two knock me out cold! LOL!  I do struggle to go from laying down to getting up, as you don't realize how much you engage your pec muscles when you use your arms.  So that's been unpleasant, but that's just about it.

And yes,  I keep looking at them in the mirror! I like them!  :-). HAHA!! 

I am closing with a recent pic of my in my size SMALL dress.  First time EVER to wear a small.  But the last, too....as my new boobies WILL NOT fit in this dress now! LOL

No comments: