Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Long Post: Steps Forward and Personal Stuff

I am excited to report to yall that I have decided to get my Level 1 CrossFit Certification.  I have, for months, been praying about this and I have finally decided to take the leap of faith and go for it.  I have had to decide between CrossFit or Personal Training Certification.  But I have decided to go ahead and start with CrossFit, as that's what I am most involved in right now.....and this will allow me to at least START in this direction until I can further understand what may be next for me.  I do, however, plan to get my personal training certification later on (most likely next Feb).  I would like to get some kind of certification on dieting and clean eating,  But I am not sure where to start with that.  As of right now, I am just posting what I am learning on FB, applying it, and modeling it.  I am very passionate about the nutrition part of this process, as that is where I have made the most improvements in the last year.  ***Seems so simple now that I UNDERSTAND!  And it doesn't require pills, drinks or tons of exercise to achieve!!!!


I am not 100% sure where this will lead me? But I do know that I will start out doing the front part of my internship in two weeks.  I will spend 40hours shadowing other coaches and co-coaching.  Then I will spend another 40hrs coaching while being observed.  And to get certified, I will have a weekend class to attend and, of course, take a test.  By this summer, I will be 100% certified and able to train!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Now, onto some more personal news!!!!  I even debated blogging this, but I know that I live in a small town and people will talk and people will know.....and to be frank, I don't really have anything to hide. So here it is......  Next week, I am rewarding myself with breast augmentation.  That's BIG NEWS (get it!!!--haha)

Those suckers (my boobs) have been through hell and back in the last 15years.....from being an HS/College athlete, to 3 in row pregnancies and 3 full years of breastfeeding (back to back), from a size large B to a size DD, back to a C/D, to now absolutely NOTHING!!!  This momma has sacrificed her body for years and have made some amazing come backs.....and I am proud to say I actually feel like I deserve a little MOMMY LOVE aka LIFT!!! I have put in the countless hours of hard work....and, yes, the first to go is always the boobies!

I am excited! I am nervous! I am absolutely can't wait to feel like a WOMAN again!! NOT like a MOMMY!  NOT LIKE A FAT WIFE OR MOM!  AND NOT LIKE A MAN (aka flat chested/strong woman....that can flex her pec muscles and her saggy nipples wiggle underneath-LOL).  Sorry, that may be TMI! HAHA! But it is the truth!

What am I afraid of??? Most of all, I am afraid of taking 6 weeks off of training!  I am afraid of losing my strength (especially in the chest).  I am afraid I will lose my tone in my arms and the little bit of six pack ab I finally have found!
**But, I have found out that I will be allowed to walk a week later...maybe some running.  I will also be allowed to do lower body exercises, as long as they do not engage my upper body.  But I know me---I DO NOT DO WELL WITHOUT WORKING OUT!!! 

Therefore, I am embracing this RECOVERY TIME in a whole new way!!!  I will be using my recovery time to intern, to study for my certification, to workout my abs like never before, to really start digging a bit deeper to see what I want to do NEXT with this....   I may not be able to workout out, but at least I will have my workout gear on and be in the gym (with those barbells that I LOVE).  I will be able to combine my love for this new sport with the gift I have in coaching.  I can't help but to think this is where I belong....or at least start with for my next phase in my life!!!

I am excited!!! And so anxious!!!


I can do this!!!

No comments: