Saturday, December 21, 2013

Just Do It!

I seem to have been MIA lately!!! But that is not really true.  It's just that time of the year.  Lots of programs, school parties, basketball practices and games and just the "busy"ness of the Christmas season! 

So I have been doing alot of soul searching.  I wish I could tell you that I have made some big life changing conclusions, but I can't....at least not yet!  But I can tell you that in this last year, I have learned a great deal.  And alot of that has come from within myself.

Looking back at 2013.... I started the year off with two health goals: 1) lose weight 2) run a full marathon.  I accomplished both.  Neither were done perfectly, but both were accomplished---very well. 

The interesting thing about 2013 is what I have learned throughout the process of losing weight and training for a marathon......

First, I am capable of so much more than I ever imagine!!!! Mentally and physically God made me "wonderful"!!! I can run far and fast!  I can lift some amazing amount of weight! And I can do a lot with hard work, some dedication, and a whole lot of determination.  I now know I can do more.....
Some Progress... 2013


Secondly....God has made me an athlete.  I am not just a "has been".  I have been created to love competition and am passionate about my own training. This was a fact at the age of 12 and now at the age 38, even more so.  I thrive off team atmosphere and love a physical challenge. I am not afraid to fail!!!

Lastly, it's perfectly OKAY to have a passion for athleticism at my age (almost 40).  In my adult years, I have been embarrassed about my passion for competition and fitness. I would take offense if some one made a comment about my running or workout post of Facebook.   But I have learned that this is just how God made me. If you don't like it or it annoys you.... just stop following me on FB or IG and stop judging me.  I am me. I will be me! No apologies!! Believe it or not, I do inspire SOME people.  And if it's only one person, that's a goal met in my book:-).


So where does this lead me now....  I want to follow my passion for training and fitness.  I want to take my own fitness to the next level.  I want to have sexy abs, strong legs, tone arms, and a bootie with no JUNK! LOL! l believe I can do this.... but it will be HARD!!! But why not TRY???
I also know I want to do more than train.....I am considering training others??? Just don't know how or when or what this looks like!

So my goals of 2014 are.....
1) Persue more than just fitness goals, but look into becoming a coach, mentor, or inspiration to others.
2) To take my own athleticism to the next level.  I want my body to reflect my hard work!!!  I don't want my body to reflect a sex image but a physically fit woman that inspires others!!!
My Inspirations!
 I want the top left abs.  I want mid-left bootie and love how she lifts heavy.  I follow the bottom left girls and love their lifestyle and their balance in fitness and family.  I love the chest on girl on the right....which for me will require surgery.  I am considering breast surgery now that I have lost weight.  **My chest is not looking very pretty after breast feeding three kids for a year each and then losing a good amount of weight.  We shall see after consultation in January.

I know I can do this!!! Just have to decide to do it:-).





No comments: