Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Galore!!! (and a little more)


Merry Christmas my friends!!!  I hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas.  I know I have had an amazing one (with way too much food that doesn't fall into the "clean catergory").  But before I get to that.....I want to show you my blessings of this Christmas Season!

***First of all, this Christmas has been so much different than all the rest for me.   Usually my sister in law comes to Texas for a couple of weeks and stays with us.  They decided not to come this year.  So that's been a bit weird.  We also usually have a very BIG Lewis Christmas (my dad's side of the family) every Christmas Eve, but this year we skipped it.  So that was weird, too.  We usually go overboard with the kids Christmas each year but we opted for "MORE with LESS" approach this year.  Santa seemed slim so that was weird, as well.

So here is the deal.... growing up, I spent many winters snow skiing with my family.  We used to go every year even after I got married.  However, three kids later, that was expensive and HARD to do.  The last time we went was when Gabe was turning one.  That was 9 years ago. 

This year my dad had a potential scare with kidney cancer.  After a couple of months of prayer, doctor appointments and a successful surgery.  He had a benigned tumor and it well (still recovering though).  But my family thought that this could be a great treat or celebration for us all.  Instead of the Christmas Galore of presents and stocking gifts.... my parents, my brother & nephew and my family are going skiing for Christmas (after Christmas).  My parent's present to us is to pay for our lodging.  Our gifts to our kids and selves are paying for our skiing! I CAN'T WAIT!!! We leave Sunday!!!

So here are a few pics from our Christmas.......
Christmas Morning
 The kids woke at 6am?!?! They got clothes and an XBOX 360 Connect (used) and a Trampoline!  Addie and I made a big breakfast and we all had naps by 10am:-).

TRAMPOLINE FUN
 We had a trampoline years ago.  It was so used that it finally was unusable.  Addie and Gabe have been begging for another trampoline forever!  They had no idea!!!!  Gabe is already doing backflips, as well as Addie! I am hoping to do one soon, too:-)

My Lewis Family Christmas
About 4:30pm, we headed to my parents house (aka The Lewis').  We had alot of good food.  I ate skittles and banana pudding too:-( YUM!  and YIKES!!!
Family Fun Game of Guesstures
This game seems to make us all a little crazy.  We are all competitive and it's just super funny to see the stuff we do to make people guess our words on this game!!! SOOO MUCH FUN!  SUCH GREAT ABS too.....from laughing so hard! 
Booties
 Okay....a little humor here.  My mom (aka Nana) likes our booties.  So we started trying to pose like Instagram bootie ladies.  Only Addision (13yrs) can pull off a good bootie shot!!! LOL!  I have since named this picture "The Evolutions of Booties".  We have mid-life crisis age (me), we have almost OLD age (my mom) and a teenage age (my daughter) all in this picture.  Which if you look closely reveals our age.  I have some lift but not alot.  My mom is NOTHING!  I am not even sure she has crack! LOL!  And then Addie has it all!!! LOL!  HAHAHA!   

I had a great Christmas!  I did cheat some on it! But I am back at it today! I have vacation coming up, but am vowing to go clean 95% of the time I am gone.  I am already back at it at CrossFit.  I went this morning...Then went to play racquetball with Todd and Zander afterwards (I am HORRIBLE) and then did some smolov weight lifting work.  I will head back to the box tomorrow for a benchmark workout!!!


 I am ready to live out this post!!! Time to get some big time results!!!

Stay tuned.  I have a new INSTAGRAM and am considering a private FB page for those to follow!!! :-).

New PRIVATE Instagram is momnprogress.  Follow me!!

No comments: