Monday, May 13, 2013

What's Next?? I Need a Goal!

I am two weeks post marathon and today, after taking the weekend off, I feel pretty much back to normal.  Last week I got several runs in and got back at it at crossfit, but felt terribly tired!  I am back at it again this week though.  I felt great at crossfit this morning and was even able to run 7miles in the heat of the afternoon!

Now, I am just in the middle of trying to decide WHAT'S NEXT?  I admit, there has been a bit of the post marathon blues.  Meaning, it's been a bit depressing to go for a run and now know that it's over.... that I have actually done the unbelievable, 26.2mile run. It's a very weird feeling!  I loved it at first, but now I find it a bit sad!

** So now I am trying to decide what the next goal is?

Do I do a full tri-athlon?  Do I run another marathon and beat that time?  Do I run four half marathons in one year?  Do I look into a ultra race?  Or do I do something totally different (spartan run, crossfit challenge, etc)?

The answer is..... I HAVE NO IDEA what is next?  And if you know me, I am such a goal oriented driven person....that having no goal in mind makes me distraught! I like a challenge! I have always enjoyed a challenge and thrive off doing what people (and myself) don't think I can do. ***Yap, I am super weirdly-wired that way:-).

I do know I want to become insanely healthy in the remainder of this year....eating super clean and becoming as in shape as I possibly can!  I also know I LOVE sharing my passion for running and workout with others!  And I also know that I want to continue running (for my own personal reasons-- it's my time with myself).

I feel confident I will run another marathon in the near future.   But, I have no idea what lies ahead for me.  I do know God is trying to show me something with the passion I have always had for working out and competing, just not sure what?  We shall see......

No comments: