Thursday, May 23, 2013

Focus on My Man

I mentioned to yall in a recent blog about my goals....one of them was to help my husband to get in better shape, lose about 50lbs, and for him to be healthy along with me.....and to also help teach our kids the correct eating and exercise behaviors. (Sometimes I think we are teaching our kids that sports are what make us healthy;-( That's a different blog post on a different day.)

Since that post, I am happy to report that Todd, my husband, is off to great start.

Here is what Todd looked like about just before we married....... (gosh we have aged)
Todd is 6'2 and weighed about 225-230 here.  He was 28.
Here is a more recent pic of Todd.
Todd is on the left.  Weighing near 280ish.
Today is my husband's 44th birthday.  We have been together for 16years.  He is my best friend, an amazing father, and a husband I never dreamed of.  He and our relationship is beyond anything I ever imagined before marriage.  I have been blessed!  Today, on his birthday, I am reminded that I want to celebrate as many birthdays as I can with him.  I am determined to have us both in good health so we can continue this life together.  I want to grow old, like really old, with him.  I want to see more of the world with him.  I want to see our kids have kids and even our grandkids have kids.....and I want to do this with Todd.

So this leads me to tell you what we have been doing, to start changing this dangerous and habitual unhealthy lifestyle.  In the last week, I have been getting up before Todd and making him a good but healthy lunch and protein shake or breakfast with lots of good protein.  It isn't a 100% clean meals, but they are healthy and balanced.  I also wake him up and have him go walk our street twice.  And today he walked and did some jump rope.  He isn't doing alot of exercise yet, but a little is better than nothing.  Not to mention, getting in the habit of doing SOMETHING is the hardest part.  That's the part we are focusing on right now. 

I am realizing that for him to be successful, I have to partner up with him and help him be successful.  And today on his 44th birthday, I am focused and committed to doing just that..... COS I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!

Happy 44th Todd!!

No comments: