Thursday, May 9, 2013

Exhaustion is Setting In....

I am convinced that last week I must have been fueled by the "runner's high" because I felt better last week than I did this week.  Well, okay, maybe that's not 100% true.....   It's actually kind of a weird thing! My post marathon weeks are exactly opposite than what I had expected.

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, just post marathon, I was soo tired (like sleepy tired).  I think alot of that was just the whole EMOTION of the event coming to an end.  I wasn't all that hungry those days either.  Which surprised me cos I burned over 3700 calories in the marathon (that is CRAZY calorie burn).  But, by Wednesday I was ready to get active again and I was starving.  I found myself eating more than I normally do the remainder of the week...and I allowed myself to splurge some (I deserved it, right?).  I also started back at Crossfit and got a 6mile run in.  I felt really good.  I even went and saw Shari (my massage therapist that has been nursing my Plantar Fasciitis).  She said I was in better condition post marathon than I was before! So I was feeling great about my recovery!

I was thinking I was going to be 100% just one week after the marathon! :-).  SWWWWEEEETTTT!

I took the weekend off from working out---mainly because we were baseballing all weekend!
Sunday- I began to "clean eat" again. 
Monday- I ran 7.6miles and my legs were a little tired at first, but after a couple of miles I was good.  However, my toenails hurt a bit, not too bad.  PF seems to be gone in the foot though-YAE!
Tuesday- I ran 4miles.  It was quite warm and I felt super tired, so 4miles was enough. 
Wednesday -I did crossfit and felt drained and still had heavy legs, and today I did crossfit again...still feeling heavy legs.  BOOO! 

And apparently, I am sleeping really good.  Todd keeps telling me I am keeping him awake with my snoring and yelling (apparently I am cheering in my sleep??-haha).

So all this to say....this week has been an interesting week.  I feel great, at least I think I feel great....  But then I start a workout and within a few minutes I am reminded I ran a marathon. HA!
This is all new territory for me!! Post marathon reality! I am curious to know how long it will take for me to be back at 100%.  Until then, I will just keep being like this little girl in this picture!! HAHA :-).



No comments: