Monday, May 20, 2013

Beat the Heat and Other Randomness

Good grief I have been a slacker! And it STOPS TODAY!!! For REAL!

I have been getting my exercise in....but it's been a chore. I have been tired, hot, moody, and just blah when working out.  And I know it has alot to do with what I have been doing diet wise.  I haven't been eating alot or even that much, but EVERYTHING I have been putting in is crap! (Excuse my language, but it is the truth.)

Last week, I had good intentions, but the weekend came....and that's was the end of a three day good diet streak! :-(  Not to mention, my workouts have been tough lately.  I know the heat and humidity had been a real battle.

Take a look at my recent Daily Mile Logs---just pitiful and painful!



As you can tell from my log above, the workouts aren't what they used to be.  Less miles and feeling not so great!  Seems my diet and the Texas weather is really taking a brutal beating on me.  Three runs out of four runs last week I classified as BLAH or TIRED! That's not the norm for me!

Humidity was high too:-(
The picture above is a snap shot of a STUPID decision on my part of go run in the middle of a hot, humid day!  I had planned to wake up at 5:30am to run before my son's baseball game.  But I accidentally set my alarm for 5:30 PM!!  After four ballgames, I got home and debated on this run.  But, I kept thinking "It could be hotter?  I need to run! I'll go place water bottles out to help me, even tho its a short 5mile run.....etc"

So, a little after 2pm, I took off for a 5miler.  I even had waters laid out.  Too bad my water bottles were terribly warm when I got to them tho:-( HA!  And I am not joking...I may have totaled 5plus miles but I can't tell you how many times I would stop to walk.  I even told my husband that I think I walked more in this run than I did in my marathon! It was a MISERABLE! TERRIBLE! NO GOOD RUN!!!
Not faking this run! It was felt like hell! :-(

So today I start off a new week.  And I am gonna be a bit more wise about my workouts and diets.
1. It is time to set the alarm for early morning runs so I can beat the heat.  I did just that this morning, even though I only ran twelve 300s.
2. I am gonna eat a small breakfast before crossfit.  I did do that this morning....in between my run and crossfit class. (And the hubby is gonna join me on my morning runs a few times a week.)
3. I am gonna drink way more water as it is getting terribly hot again. I have already drank over 30oz, and it's only 10:30am!
4. I am going back to eating one carb a day and getting all the recommended food groups in each day, as I once was doing and having great success. So far, I have had a shakeology drink, a veggie/fruit drink, and a protein bar.....

So far, so good.

I am on the right track this Monday morning and plan to keep it that way!!! :-). 

***As summer break approaches, I would love some running buddies for early mornings! Let me know if you're interested! Maybe once or twice a week?? Just text me!!

No comments: