Monday, January 6, 2014

Mondays Can Be Awesome!

Late last night I got in from our family ski vacation.  And even though we are six days into the new year, my new year began TODAY!  After a full week of eating processed foods and more starchy carbs than I have in a VERY LONG TIME.  However, I am happy to report, I hit Monday hard and have bounced back with a lot of determination (It is only DAY 1 though-ha)!  Now, I will admit, my intentions were to eat better than I did on vacation, but the reality was......IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE!!!  We were in the mountains, in the small ski village of Red River, NM.  Just one small grocery store with very little to choose from.  And of course, I can't deny my mom's cooking--especially after a long day of skiing!!!  BTW: I did look up how many calories are burned in skiing and to my surprise it was right around 1400calories a day for me!! :-).  So at least I wasn't eating bad and being sedentary!

On my drive to and from Red River, I spent majority of my free time reading Grain Brain, by David Perlmutter, MD.  I had gone to the bookstore to buy the book, Wheat Belly,  that I have been reading lots on via the internet, but ran into this book while looking.  I am so glad I did.  It was so informative....about the facts of how and why wheat, carbs and sugar are killing our brains silently (and adding weight to our waistline, too).  I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book.  Especially if you or someone in your family suffers from any neurological disorders (like dementia, epilepsy, anxiety, ADHD, chronic headaches, depression, etc...).  Our diets are killing our most important and most fragile organ--Our Brain! :-(

So in 2014, I am getting rid of wheat, bad carbs, and sugars for good! ***Doing a 21 day sugar detox with several from CrossFit in a week.  It's pretty strict too!! YIKES!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!  (More on this coming after my free seminar on Wednesday).  And I can't wait to see how this transforms my body....and my mind!!! :-).

****So here is a look at a few pics from our vacation!!! There are A LOT!!! And photo credits go to my brother, as he took all these pics.  I'll post more PRETTY PICS of RED RIVER he took tomorrow!! :-).
Addie at dinner--never serious!! :-)

She likes it! She likes it!  She picked skiing first...and was a natural.

Family at Dinner at Texas Reds

Celebrating Gabe's 10th Birthday---Addie was asleep

Gabe with his little cousin, Hayden! GAME TIME!

Gabe and Hayden playing in the snow at the cabin!

My amazing parents!!! LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

Me and my Dad---with Zander photo bombing! LOL

My hubby and brother (Todd and Grady)

Me and my honey!!

Addie and I taking an afternoon walk

Too funny! Zander spent much of his first day like this! He had it down now, though!


No comments: