Sunday, January 19, 2014

Detoxing.......

I am TEN DAYS into this SUGAR FREE, WHEAT FREE diet.  I have never in my life eaten this strict or been so aware of what I am putting in my mouth.  It's been such a fun process to learn so far!  But I do believe this is harder than training for a marathon (but maybe that's because I like to run....and I like to eat....HA).

My goal this past week was to give this detox a 100% real effort.   I also wanted to start doing more than just modeling this for my kids, but also have them be a part of the learning process....without "forcing" a big drastic change on them.  This past week I can say, without a shadow of a doubt that I did great!!!  But it took more than just me to do this (like I said before, this is harder than running 26.2 miles).  I had some extra help and some extra ammo on me.....
My Scripture to help me DAILY!!!! I have it EVERYWHERE---even on my car dash!
 I also set a goal to make the kids healthy breakfasts and lunches at least three times this week.  I did it FOUR TIMES....and the kids LOVED IT!!! Gonna do it again this week, too.

As for workouts,  I had a great week of working out.  The WODS this past week were TOUGH!  But I am getting so much stronger and my form has progressed a lot with my olympic lifting.  I can't believe how much I love lifting HEAVY. I did, however, feel more gased than usual in my endurance WODS but I just did my best to "struggle well".  Overall, I feel really good about my workouts and diet combo so far.
Tuesday Afternoon Run

I may have done pullups on this bar at the football field?? HA

Weights at Home

Sunday RECOVERY Workout---8mile bike ride



How do I feel???  I feel amazing!!  The first five days were the hardest, but I am in a groove and in the mindset now! I can already see a change in my tummy area of less "puffiness".  I feel leaner and lighter, but who wouldn't when eating very clean?  I have to admit, I think I will try to stick with this diet longer than 21 days (but with an added SUPER BOWL cheat meal and with a two fruits of any kind in one day).  But who am I kidding?  I may be in a honeymoon phases still. HAHA!

OH---And I did a sonogram body composition assessment this past weekend.  THRILLED!!!!! Take a look at my Body Fat %??? MAKES ME HAPPY!!!  20% body fat now.  A year ago I was 33%!!! CRAZY!!!


UPCOMING WEEK----I have done some meal prep this weekend.  We went to Costco for a huge grocery purchase.  ***COSTCO is the BEST....they have great produce and so much more to choose from when it comes to natural, gluten free, sugar/wheat free foods.  I spent much of my Sunday making meals for the week: Taco Soup, Glazed Chicken, and Deviled Eggs.  It's not a full week but leaves me with NO EXCUSES for those busy days or evenings.

GOALS THIS WEEK---DO NOT CHEAT!  TRY TWO NEW RECIPES! EAT LESS CHEESE!

No comments: