Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to "Younger" Me!

I am 38years young today!!!  I can say that and actually mean that because I don't feel 38years OLD.  I actually feel "younger" this year than the previous birthdays I have celebrated.  I think it's because I am relearning to do some of the things I once could do (like pullups, handstands, and back handstand rolls).  I am also learning to do NEW things that I have never done before.  It is so freeing to be in good enough shape to TRY things that are new and not be too afraid of getting hurt.  :-).

This past week has been another great week.  However, I did have one day of "self pity" but I bounced back from it real quick.  It was at crossfit.  I was talking to one of the several coaches and she made a comment that was something like this....  "Mandy, once you trim down some more, you are gonna be unstoppable!  You are a natural and freakishly strong".  BUT, my ears heard that as something completely different....something like "You fat girl.  You would be a great athlete, IF you weren't so fat.  Are you not eating right?"  YIKES!!! How does our brain switch what was actually said???

I am not even joking when I tell you that I got in the car and wanted to cry.  It's hard to even hear a little criticism when you are doing EVERYTHING textbook perfect.  I had a choice to make right then and there.....I could listen to that "devil-like voice" and let it get me down and even let it demolish my hard work OR I could take the criticism and turn it into something that is more of a GOAL  I chose wisely this time and I began reasoning with myself (and with God) for a bit.   I KNEW my coach was giving me a compliment, not an insult.  And it was a fact, too.  I am still needing to trim down SOME MORE....and that is OKAY!  ****And ONCE I DO TRIM DOWN----I WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!! :-).

The rest of last week was great!  We stuck to the clean eating plan EVERYDAY!  I managed to run three times (running anywhere between 2miles to 5.5miles).  I did three crossfit days, which all followed a weight training workout afterwards at my home gym.  I even had a wonderful Sunday bike ride last night.

I am down by a total of 7-9lbs so far.... Todd is hovering at 20lbs (I have a feeling he is about to start melting away quickly). 

Well, I am off to celebrate the rest of my day at Jr High Volleyball Games!!! GO LADY TIGERS!!!

No comments: