Thursday, October 2, 2014

September Blur!

Has it really been almost a month since I have posted on this blog? Goodness.  Time is getting away from me.  With that being said, I guess I need to give an update.  Or at least review the past month of September and journal about what the coming in October (or maybe a tease).

If you have been following me or know me personally, you would know that I had a great year last year.  I had lost a good amount of weight, got off my thyroid and hormone meds and found a new means of living and eating right.  However, in April I decided to reward my hard work with a breast augmentation.  Since then, I have felt like I have been in a YOYO type of state.  Good one month, bad another, good one week, bad another, and just not 100% on (at least when it comes to eating right).  I DO NOT struggle with working out. I am one of those weird gals that enjoys working out.  I could workout all day, every day, if I could get away with it! (I am dead serious about that).  But I could also eat all day long, every day, too! LOL. (NOT REALLY--but I am a hungry girl by the time the week ends).

This past month has been a better month of mine since my surgery.  I am eating cleaner and I am sticking to my macros for the most part.  I did slip up the week of my birthday but that is excusable, right?  And since then, I give myself one cheat evening a week.  This seems to be working.  I have lost almost 2inches in my area of concern (tummy) this past month.  I have lost more on the waist, but that seems to go quickly...its just below the belly button that is stubborn. It's not a lot but I am ok with that.  A little over time = alot!   I do see muscular definition appearing....but if I had one wish, I would wish that fat to be gone above that muscle.  But I remain patient and keep doing what I have been taught to do.


Another thing that is frustrating, is I have seemed to have gained a little weight since my surgery and some of it won't go away.  Some may be boobs (dr says 5#) and some of this is muscle.  But let's be real.... I know that some of it is fat, too!  I have also noticed my hot flashes coming back.  They are random and not too bad YET, but that's enough to let me know that my hormones are off again.  My doctor thinks I may need another round of testosterone.  But good news, the thyroid is still perfect!!! :-).  I am thinking my next crossfit paycheck will pay for this:-(

Good news about all this is I have been performing at the best ever in a long time.  PRs and improving big time on my olympic lifting.  It's exciting!  No matter what my body looks like, I can count on it to do the HARD THINGS --- So I celebrate that!!!  KUDOS TO ME:-).  And many days, I am more satisfied with doing HARD THINGS than I am with what my body looks like.  THAT'S THE GOD HONEST TRUTH!
KettleBells Swings with a 55#KBell!

As far as my new coaching or training is going..... that is a whole different blog all together.  I LOVE coaching crossfit.  It's so fun to coach.  I know that God made me to teach and coach.  But to do that (coach) and to couple that with my new passion for crossfit, makes it that much more fun!!!

I have been praying hard for months about what to do with this passion and my new certification....and God seems to be showing me opportunities.  In matter of fact, maybe a crossfit box here locally!!!!  Who's in on crossfitting with me, here locally???


No comments: