Sunday, September 7, 2014

No Weekend Whammies!

I did it! I made it through a full weekend without demolishing my previous week's hard work.

This past week I was a workout maniac!!!!
Monday: I did a lot of heavy olympic lifting (snatch complex: power snatch, hang squat snatch, OH squat).  I also ran through one WOD that would be in the upcoming competition...which included lots of thrusters, sprints, and pull ups.
Tuesday: I didn't go to the box, but I did run 4.5miles early in the morn, then ran another 2.5miles at the track (400s/600s intervals) while doing pushups, dips, and pistols in between each round.
Wednesday: I did a ton of gymnastics work (handstand pushups, handstand walks, and ring dips). Followed with a WOD of 10-8-6-4-2reps of Heavy Hang Snatch and 200m sprints.
Thursday: **I could tell I needed to rest as soon as the WOD started--super tired** WOD included Prowler Pushes, Reverse Burpees, KB Swings, GHD Situps (I am still feeling those today), and wall balls.
Friday: (Had every intention of taking it easy--but didn't).  I actually did two workouts; Crossfit's and OTB and back to back! LOL.  CF WOD included handstand pushups, pistols, pull-ups, deadlifts, hang cleans, and push jerks.  The OTB WOD was a partner WOD (which is why I ended up partnering with one of my clients).  We did 4x200s each, then 12 rounds of dumbbell squat cleans, push press, and renegade rows.

***Needless to say I took Saturday completely off.  And tonight I plan to jog a little at the track with my hubby and lift some light weights at the house.

As for the weekend---I fought off the whammies and WON!  I drank only water all weekend.  And I ate at my macro count all weekend too.  I did have 1/2 cup of ice cream today and 8 chips for salsa purposes yesterday but these all fit into my macro count.  I am still celebrating the fact that I stuck to the plan of water only and tracking my macros. So I call it a win, still!!

Some obstacles I overcame this weekend:
1) The hubby bought my favorite beer (Blue Moon) cos it was on sale.  I declined having even a sip. :-).
2) Friday Night Lights----and the smell of sausage on a stick, grilled burgers, or the sight of nachos and a Dr. Pepper were tempting!  But I declined and stuck with WATER!!!
3) Saturday--- Out to eat for lunch and I had fajitas with no tortillas or rice. I did allow myself 8 chips but that was my carb for the meal!
4) Saturday Night---The hubby had a glass of wine....while I had my water and pistachios!

It's not a perfect-clean weekend but considering what I usually do to sabotage my own work each weekend, I am super proud of myself.

This week I will be eating very clean and loading on some starchy carbs on Friday due to a competition on Saturday. But I will keep the macro counts the same (just a bit more starchy than I would allow normally).

It's amazing how getting through one weekend already makes you feel smaller! LOL



No comments: