Monday, November 18, 2013

Transitioning Into New Seasons

My little family of five stays super busy no matter how hard we try to "simplify".  It's almost comical the amount of time and money we spend on these activities....but then again, it IS what we enjoy!!! I can't exactly explain it---but even for myself, I know God has given me a passion for sports and exercise!  He wired me this way....and apparently my kids are wired this way some, as well.

This past fall my daughter, Addie, completed her last volleyball season for her middle school career.  We are all sad to see it come to an end, as this team really meshed well and had an amazing season (a winning season)!  Addie enjoyed it so much that she wants to play more volleyball during the off season---but that will have to be after her basketball season comes to an end first.
Addie's 8th Grade Team

Gabe completed his 4th and final year of PeeWee Tackle Football just this past Saturday.  Yes---I said his FINAL YEAR---because Todd and I have decided to make Gabe take a two year break from this CONTACT sport to do some other sports that will require much less IMPACT.  Gabe will play Jr High Football IF he is still wanting to....but we want to take a break from all the HARD TACKLING for a couple of years.  He takes and dishes out alot of hard hits every week---which is a bit frightful the older he gets! **And he is quite the little beast on the field.... So gonna take a much needed break to keep him injury free.... ***He wants to learn to tumble and/or crossfit with ME:-).  Not to mention he likes to run and bike with me too!! I can't wait to do this all with him!!! :-).
My Super Bowl Champ---4YRs in a row!!
Todd just posted a nice little "Fatherly-Write Up" about our youngest son, Gabe, and his football career thus far on Facebook..... Thought I would share.....


Zander took the fall season OFF.....and played a whole lot in the front yard!!! (Which is what Gabe will be doing during these next few months).  I always think that is such a good idea for kids to have at least one full sports season OFF!!!  But this past week....both Addie and Zander started basketball.  Zander started the year off with a tournament win with his Express team (undefeated)!!!  **I will also be coaching Zander and his Gunter boy's team one more year.  (Zander will be playing on two teams---rec and competitive).
Zander's Express 2020 Competitive Team! CHAMPS!!
It's been a bit crazy transitioning from one sports to another---but what a privilege and honor it is to be able to be a part of any of these teams!!  I try to emphasis to my kids daily that we are truly blessed with such these amazing opportunities...and we are to Glorify God in every way possible when playing and practicing!  I pray God continues to grow and mature them through these sports!!! :-).

Now bring on BASKETBALL!!!! :-).

No comments: