Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Slow Progress is Adding Up

I have to admit....  I have spent much of my 2013 year complaining about how hard I have been working out but how I wasn't happy with how fast the weight was coming off!!!  I mean, you can totally see it on this blog. 

Last January, I began blogging here while a group of us were training for the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon.  I worked hard training for that race! I ran a butt load of miles ALOT! And I was eating way too little.  I had lost a bit of weight running and doing crossfit bootcamp twice a week.  But it stalled after the I completed the marathon.  I then began crossfitting 3x a week and still running 30+miles a week (while still eating 1400calories a day--which is NOT ENOUGH for all this working out). Not much of a change was happening.  I had stalled at about 160lbs...

Then this summer, I joined CROSSFIT---Barbell crossfit!  This is when things really began to change for me.  I began seeing I was running TOO MUCH, which is what I now call "Junk Miles".  I began to learn about Paleo and clean eating.  I began understanding I was totally not supplying my body with the proper nutrition to support my active lifestyle.  I also began to understand the importance of weight training.  I slowly became a crossfit, nutrition obsessed athlete!!!

Since this summer I have been taking in more calories than ever before but I log everything I eat....and make sure I am getting the proper amounts of carbs, fat and PROTEIN in.  I am running less...usually around 15miles a week, but usually no more than 20miles.  And I crossfit 4-5x a week.  And I am eating clean 80% of the time.  The results seem slow---but they are results.  And after a full year, I am now seeing that my progress may have been slow but it has truly added up.

Take a look at these two groups of pics I found.  I so wish I wouldn't have had that sweatshirt on.  This pic is about a year apart.....
Left is 172lbs-----Right is current 148lbs

Now look at this pic of those shorts I am wearing on the left above...  This is what they look like on me now.
Size 12s WAY TO BIG
I am vowing to stop complaining now.....  I can see that my hard work is paying off.  It may be SLOW progress....but it is progress!  And I will continue to make even more progress!! 

Then 172lbs-----NOW 148lbs
Then Size 12----NOW Size 6/8
Then Top Size XL---NOW Top Size M


No comments: